1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 New Owner -- Advice , Parts, Owners Experience

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by CarloL, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Thanks Steve , will keep an eye out for the 45mm, I am just getting them as I can remove the baffles :) Bring the noise

Would you guys do a custom map on the OE ECU (I think are mappable) or go with a Ducati Performance chip? or drive her on as is

2. Happens on most. Most seem to put some black insulation tape round where the black paint should be.

3. Was thinking that too :p

Was hoping it was not a bodge job

4. Wouldn’t call it a bodge mate. Although technically I suppose it is. :)
    But does the job.

6897368E-CF53-4FD5-903F-3B1E15A5CFF7.jpeg

5. Thanks , will give it a go

6. Carlo, there is no substitute for a custom map IMHO and this can only be done with a careful and extended run in the dyno room. DP chips might "match" the less restrictive exhaust but in reality they are approximate at best as they do not match the variations in airbox, filter and headers that each bike has. If you want your bike to run at its best a custom map is the only way to go as it pulls everything together. If you have no time or access to a decent tuner then the chip is a good way to start. You are correct the chip can be remapped as can the DP ones, if you go for a custom map make sure you have done all the changes to the airbox/filter, exhaust beforehand otherwise you will be remapping with every component change.
    BTW I am running 45-54mm JHP Ti cans from a 998 on mine (with a carbon airbox and runners, sock filter) the noise is slightly more throaty and although it does not need the extra outlet pipe size for any power you can map it to work quite well. The custom map increased power at the wheel from 85 to 95bhp and also provided 15% more torque with a much smoother running motor which pulled at much lower revs. Stock 748s are supposed to have around 97bhp at the crank/82-85 at the wheel as you normally lose around 15% in the transmission. 95 at the wheel is close to averagely set up 748r figures

7. Thanks for the Advice !

Was out the weekend, when I go for a spirited Drive and the Bike gets warm, it is hard to get her into Neutral , change gears , yesterday she would not go up/down the gearbox when stationary at the lights, Clutch I presume is not disengaging ; I noticed last friday , a light lever , with the Clutch depressed (Lever in) she still wanted to crawl forward but stopped doing it after some short use (OE Slave in there)

I have all new braided Goodridge lines and new fluid about 2 months ago, little KM; it looks very dark already

I did not take the OE slave off yet but on visual inspection it no leaks in SITU

Decided to get an oberon Clutch Slave, I think this is the recommended diagnosis ? or very least a good upgrade, OE is prone to leak

8. Am I right in saying , you can either purchase a CARBON FIBRE AIR BOX or get Airbox covers ?

Does any body know where to get good quality SS bolts for the Exhaust Heat shield?

[​IMG]

9. Welcome to the Biposto section! Smart bike and I also recommend no key guard, just have nothing flapping about to cause damage.
    I have a red Mono Posto seat unit in the lock up - its unused, and I'd be happy to sell it - just get in touch by pm.*
    I imagine you'll also find that a bar end mirror is a useful addition as I did thanks to the forum.
    A common problem with bikes of this era appears to be the reserve fuel light sticking on. Another is catching your thumbs on the tank at full lock, but you quickly learn to park in order to avoid lots of paddling back and forth!
    Enjoy.
    Cheers
    2Twins

*El Toro, happy to pay the appropriate sellers fee.

10. hello Bets,What that frame all about it looks the part where do you buy from?

11. Re the original posting, the bike has got a 45mm system fitted as standard.

12. Hi pal. Made it at work. Using it at the mo as changing forks, again! :confused:

E3C4FA63-572E-485F-AE9F-358162E642BE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. very useful item!

14. Yes, it is. The only downside is you need both front and rear paddock stands to get it on and off. Still only a 2 minute jobby

15. yes i got front and rear stands i need to pop down to the forge and make one,cheers

16. No worries pal. Let me know if you need any measurements.

17. thank you

18. Cleaned & protected , new leds, refurbished headlights (Thanks Bettes), new Marchesini Stickers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Carlo, looks great, all those shiny fasteners:yum

20. Thanks Denzil , have some more finishing touches to do the weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information