1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New "r"'s And Specials

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, May 24, 2020.

1. Just wondering, will the modern R's, specials, etc. be as revered as the 998R, 999R, etc.?

2. NO, but add a poll and lets see :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. No need. Thread closed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cool :cool::upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. It's still open :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The pretend marketing ones won't be - as they are just pretend marketing ones - the 2015 on Pani R will be the last biggy :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think you are right, but guess we should still hear a junkster position. Even though they are wrong.

8. Ah, OK, lets give them a shot at it - @Mary Hinge will be wrong for sure :p

9. In 20 years time the championship winning (BSB) V4R’s value will be interesting. Not a limited edition and potentially no more petrol powered bikes by then. Future value? Who knows!
    Classics every time for me as it’s more of a given.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Last v2r will hopefully go up, not to sure on the modern stuff but I think all r versions eventually go up in price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’m pretty sure the (insert whichever R bikes you own) will be the last of the truly desirable and therefore valuable Ducatis!

• Like Like x 1
  12. All R models will be worth nowt now. Because I don’t own one .... mwu ha ha ha ha haaaarrr.....

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. The 'R' bikes always command a premium, but as for which ones will be more revered, it's difficult to say.

The interesting one is mentioned above, the Pani R. The 2nd generation is much more sought after than the 1st, with prices reflecting this more than the age difference would usually bring about. Looking at it, there are less of them, a few problems had been sorted, it's seen as a "proper" 'R' with an upgraded engine and electronics. I think most other 'R' bikes I can think of pretty much stayed the same through their lifespan. I know the 748R got Ohlins and that seems to command a premium. The 996 & 998 were basically different models.

As for everything else, don't ask me. I can't work out what people are asking for stuff these days, the world has gone mad.

#13 Robarano, May 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. R's are only worth more to a Pirate.......I'll get my coat....

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. Really miss that face slap emoji

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. This is the 64 million dollar question,there's a lot going on in the world at the minute so who knows with longterm horizons.my advice is just buy what you like and your be rewarded.........surely that's all you need in life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. There was a big difference between old and new R's though.
    Lets leave out the toys and stuff that came with them for a moment - the older stuff was always limited in number, the newer stuff (leaving SL aside) seems to be just a case of we'll make however many the dealers place an order for till we close the book.

Its a bit like the 900SL back in the 90's where they basically made as many as they had orders for when the model year opened, unlike the 888's and 916 sp variants which were 1 of 500, and each country would get an allocation of X.

Admittedly you then have the meh factor, where people see a paintjob and nothing else, and so overlook it and it becomes valuable and rare as a result of everyone dismissing it at the time, like the 848 evo corsa bikes.

Paint jobs and 'tribute' editions are cheap returns on vehicles, and much preferred by manufacturers over and above say a hotter engine and lots of bling for free as was the case of old.

I could be wrong of course.

18. I have been tempted by a 15 plate 1299s, has ohlins suspension, the money seems about right, I'm not sure I need another bike but thinking of the long term would this be a bike to buy?
    Are they too much for the road and is it useable?

19. Get a V4S. That’s where all the smart money’s going. Especially ones that have been spanked round Spanish race tracks. By me :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Does your spanking add value?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information