1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bondy7070, Sep 29, 2019.

1. https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...2019/july/yamaha-revamped-2020-yzf-r1-yzf-r1m

What do we all think?
    I’m going to pop in to the local dealer tomorrow and most probably get a deposit down. Was seriously interested in the Beemer but the delay on arrival, parts and the R1’s noise have pretty much decided it for me. I am in no way even capable to taking my current 675 to its limit on track but sometimes you gotta just say “f*ck it”, I’m also sick to death of 13 year old bike maintenance bills.

As a learning track jock I think the electronics on these will be invaluable and its my realistic dream bike tbh, obviously used in an advertising role through the business with decorated fairings your looking at 13.5k? Not a lot is it in the grand scheme of things.

V4S would be nice but I’m not up in those financial ranks yet and finance gives me sweats.

61128755-6E91-40CC-8E35-97B5701A3469.jpeg

#1 Bondy7070, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Bike looks ok bar the wheel barrow handle exhaust which would be the first thing to change .

3. Yeah think he’d have to go to Seton for a new can as well as rearsets, or depending on how much drunk that evening I may order the Akra slip on.

4. Mmmm Akras...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Vat qualifying? And too be honest mate I’ve never had a new vehicle ever and I wouldn’t mind experiencing it for the first time. May as well for the sake of a couple of grand. The 2015+ low mileage ones are still holding surprisingly alright value.
    Also away for work until April anyway as of next weekend so a bike to be built is sort of convenient.

6. No vat on it mate. But cool enjoy the new bike

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. :joy: Class, the amount of times this buggers rinsed me at sign on for having a triple as well. Constant barrage of lip. Blokes a legend.
    Also has an MT10 btw with pretty much all the same nanny settings :eyes:.

9. Yep - love to meet the guy...hes funny without even having to try to be funny....

• Like Like x 1
  10. So true ......l was a brilliant rider back In 2006 , until l threw my r1 down the road.

I then bought a 749 bip and am now a useless wobbly :poop:

• Like Like x 1
  11. It’s lovely. I’m on the fence regarding an R1, it’s the most extreme litre bike in terms of ergos and the gearing is stupid long!!

I spent the day on a gen 2 bmw s1000rr the other day and it’s good! I would look at an s1000rr if I were you also, maybe ride them all

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zx10rr also very good.

13. Trouble with the 10r is that it's just so dated, if you can get the fancy pants one then great, but they are up nearer 20k and stuff like that dash board are just plain horrible in anyone's eyes! Subjective I guess but speaking as a Kawasaki fan I still think the ZX10 is in need of a total re-build in terms of design.

Talking of old designs... I was looking at Fireblade SP's the other day, a dealer has one for £10500 that's a 2018 with 3k miles on it, that's insanely cheap.. in terms of value for money they would be worth a look, well spec'd just down on power compared to some others. It's all relative, bet it still feels mental quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I couldn't agree more but the zx does what it says on the tin I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Don't know what it is. The 10's never given me a chubby. The new 636 however I think would be absolutely mega, but there ten a penny due to the pcp deals on them and hitting that eventual "need a bit more power" stage puts me off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Just went into the dealership then and was told can order one today and it'll literally be here in a couple of weeks max :thinkingface:. Literally ruined my 'arrive home in April when I'm back in country watch it get un crated' moment. Why such a delay at Beemer but not here?! :dizzy:

17. If you aren't going to use it for six months, why buy now? Are they going to increase in price? The warranty will start when delivered right?

18. That's my point, I'm not going to even put the deposit on now, plan was to put deposit on now and 'buy' whenever it meant delivery would be march/April time. Thought I would put it down to get at the top of the que. They've had no deposits, just people coming in asking when the demo is.
    So there's literally no que....
    Most interest and deposits they said they've taken here is for the V4 Street fighter. Tbf if I rode road, that's what I'd be getting instead :splat:

• Like Like x 1
  19. The bmw has two issue, the first being they had a supplier let them down, and the other is that they massively underestimated how many would order the top spec m sport! I’ve heard that you can’t get one now until spring but can’t be sure on that

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information