1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bondy7070, Sep 29, 2019.

1. You shouldn't take things too literally.....

2. Ill just have to time this right. I reckon it could pay off mind, if there's not been enough interest so far I, will continue I reckon with the possible coming climate both financially and weather wise could just get in on a good deal around Jan time while I'm away over the phone.

3. If it was me, I’d order a Beemer and you should have it for April. The brakes on the R1 are a big let down and I’d it’s going to be used on track then it’ll be even more of an issue.
    I got my Gen 4 M Sport in June and can honestly say it’s the best bike I’ve ridden. It’s so easy to ride it’s unreal. Got 3 day at Alcarras next month with it and can’t wait to see how it is on track.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Typed whilst mid visit to Gran in care home, a lot of stop and start whilst trying to pretend I was listening.
    Literally.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ~I’m sure its lovely mate but doesn’t give me the same buzz when I look at it that the yam does. Whole noise and look of em, when I see one coming past in pit lane or straight makes my jaw drop lol. I know sounds naive as haven’t ridden either but if I’m buying something I need that first tick in the box. Went into town today and looked at a lot of bikes and only three that give me the buzz was the V4 S, Corse and the R1. First two out my price league.

#25 Bondy7070, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  6. I reckon you're gonna be hard pushed to find a shite handling, slow, non hoot to ride brand new superbike , so go with whichever one floats your boat... For reference I've got an 18 plate R1 and think it's ace, I've not ridden the others so can't compare, but it a) Goes exactly where you want it to b) Does point a very quickly and c) Does a and b sounding like a MotoGP bike.... The two main complaints... Brakes are wooden and ABS is too intrusive, new pads helps fix the first issue (mostly)... The updates on the new one May well help fix the intrusion... Or you can just jump on the forums for help and get it taken out of the equation... Riding position wise, its not uncomfortable as such but can be a bit wristy at slower speeds...

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Thanks for the tips. Exactly, is there truly a modern shit superbike anymore? Doubt it. Yeah I’ve heard the brake gripes, if needs be ill look at them before the noise or suspension mods. But apart from brakes, as BVG said, its the whole perfect out the crate track bike, just what I want.

Alex Lowes rocked up on the release day, hopped on the base model and did within 4 seconds of his WSBK time on road tyres ffs.

Spot on.

8. Try MHP 99-101dB depending on track... Brembo HPK calipers ABS delete.
    Sold teh bike the Ohlins forks are fitted by the new owner.

7449f85dac11678a80cd3df617e3e1f5.jpg

WP_20151205_002.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information