1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 New Radiator

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Talentless, May 4, 2019.

1. So do I buy a Chinese radiator of Ebay, or have mine re-cored.

Does my one have any experience of the ebay radiators?

2. I am going to have my 1098R red repaired as it will still be genuine, but improved at the traditional weak spot where all 848/1098/1198 rads go. Many have used Chinese Rads on here - there are a few threads about them if you search - feedback is good and I would use on any other bike for definite. There are sellers in the UK for the Chinese ones too if you don't wish to buy from China.
    The Chinese ones will likelt be better than the OEM - but there are several manufacturers - some are bound to be better than others...

3. I fitted a Chinese radiator to a 1098R last year. The fan mounts were both for LH fans so I had to improvise for the mounting of the RH fan but other than that I couldn't fault it. For the owner, £80 instead of £800 was a no-brainer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Judging by your avatar pic you have an early model so neither of those radiators will work, you need the early version with both hose joints in the bottom.

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I did both. The Chinese rad seems absolutely fine though I've not fitted it yet. I carry it as a spare on euro track days. The Chinese rads are fine by all accounts.

6. Mine has the later style radiator

• Like Like x 1
  7. ok, so after several emails the seller convinced me that it will be posted from the uk, so I have bitten the bullet and ordered one.

Lets see if it looks like this when it turns up.

rad.JPG
    the next questions are, do I paint it black so it looks more original and dissipates heat better

and has any got any recommendations for a radiator guard?

8. Leave it as it is :eyes:

9. Paint it satin black

10. Do you have someone in mind to do your repair?
    I’ve been out today and noticed a weep from a channel in between the fins. :weary_face:

11. These are used a lot in our area by bike shops...
    http://www.autocoolradiators.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  12. 4B725ECC-55C4-4A1E-AE6A-00E8FCB435EC.jpeg B0642F03-B953-4CCD-B55F-2FED8FD5349B.jpeg Ok, so the rad turned up today, looks good.

I may need to tweak the mounting points for the fans, but other than that ok.

So recommendations for a radiator guard.

13. Thanks for that. I actually bought one for my 1098 off him a couple of years ago - really nice product at a great price.
    The link however says “sorry, back soon” so maybe he’s stopped selling on eBay?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information