1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Rsv4 Factory Is Looking Very Good!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Poucher, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Yeah, it's a double edged sword, if you can buy it with a big deposit and not finance it, or finance so little of it you aren't in negative equity then fair enough, but equally, the dealers are just sat with stock that they can't get rid of as people won't buy at rrp knowing the discounts that get applied.

The new bike for example, if anyone goes and buys one at rrp they will be mad, Aprilia will say that no one is buying sportsbikes any more and relatively there are less sales, but it's because everyone will wait for them to discount.

My mate was a rep for Piaggio for a while, he said it was horrid, just p*ssed off dealers constantly

• Like Like x 2
  2. £23 big ones for the factory and £17,7 for the rr........a bit salty that?

Wonder what they’ll settle at and how long it will take?

3. 6 to 12 months and they'll drop

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. always happens. I got offered an M sport s1000rr brand new for around 17k not long after they were launched . Got offered the sport model for 14!

you’d be nuts to pay list prices

5. Maybe they just fancied you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. doubt it

probably wanted to use me for r&d and see how long the BMW’s chocolate motor would last with me reaming it. And then tell me it’s not covered under the warranty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Let us pause and consider the RS250 as shown above, a piece of art if ever there was one.

I had one for a few years back in the mid 90's, my God what a machine, noisy, smelly, temperamental, uncomfortable, thirsty but when you hit the power band all that disappeared and you just hung on shouting "YEA-FUCKING-HA!!!" then glance in your mirror's - if you dared- and watched the World warp into the far distance.

Funnily enough I tried to buy one a few years ago when they were hovering around £5k but went a different direction, I recently saw one on sale for nearly £8K! What I did notice was that many of the ones for sale previously were grey imports from Japan and Europe which scared me of ITBT.

Anyway, what a machine...

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was looking at one a couple of months ago to go in the shed alongside the 888 That I don’t ride either ! :joy: I think it was six and half thousand for sale on the classic Internet forum but the more I focused on the photographs the more I realised I wouldn’t be happy with it and I pull it apart and spend thousands so I walked away.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information