1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 New Satnav

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by rotaxracer, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Out of interest, Garmin have updated the connection for the XT.
    My original kit has been completely replaced under warranty as it had a number of odd issues such as inadvertently turning off and rotating orientation when stationary.
    The new connection has a rib either side that makes the fit more stable and a little firmer.
    It was nice to have both to compare. 2C4651A5-F0F3-43A1-8395-74A1CE108C75.jpeg

7303AC66-C789-4BB7-82DF-96C0C823CE77.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Interesting. How did you get them to change this for you?

3. The unit had let me down a few times, basically within a few hours of use it would fail. So telephone call to Garmin support and detailed conversation resulted in their request to return the unit only for replacement. I think the key point was the unit turning off in use, as the battery is so good compared to previous units it was highly unlikely to be anything to do with cradle power etc.
    Anyway,,,,,, Unit sent off, complete kit and new unit returned. So I now have spare “everything's”
    I spotted the difference in the power connection by accident, so swapped it over..

• Like Like x 1
  4. They did a recall on the mount a few months ago.

5. Yes they’d already tried that.
    The mount received with the new kit was exactly the same as my first. The cable however was different and I’m fairly sure they haven’t done a recall on that. Yet they’ve changed it :bucktooth:

6. I’ve just been asked to return mine due to the problem with heavy rain changing the screen view

7. Hopefully they will resolve it for you once and for all. In all probability they won't let you in on what the issue is, for fear of creating a deluge of returns, however, it would be useful to receive relevant feedback, so you can check-in on it as you use it in future.
    Good luck :upyeah:

8. Update on my Zumo XT

After having had problems in the rain I spoke with Garmin (initially phone and then via email).

Without being prompted too much they offered to change my unit. I was told to just return the Sat Nav but got a whole new box with all the extras back (sweet). I also got the new revised cable and there was an updated mount. I'd asked separately if I could have the new cable (as I didn't realise I would get one) and they told me it was on back order but would ship it when available (so I may end up with another one).

They suggested not using a screen protector to start with and angling it more vertically and to let them know if this stopped the problem.

9. They let their customers do the R&D then?

10. updated cable and updated mount?

photos please, so I can see what was updated?

11. + one on that please. Garmin will send you accessory replacements for most complaints

12. Scroll up 9 messages on here and there are pictures....

13. DOH!!!!
    I see the difference in the power cable ... but what is the difference on the mount t?

5EE1AFBA-4F83-4BC1-B786-E1F92403DFEE_AK299001_7a420e49f2dc07ce1fcb23056e517926_thumbs_up.png

14. TBH I couldn’t see a difference but when I get the other one off I’ll compare them properly

15. so, I reached out to Garmin Support via their web contact form ... stated that the current (no pun intended) power cable for my Zumo XT was the second one, and it is starting to exhibit the same loss of connection with he unit as the first power cable did ... and requested that they warranty a new version of the power cable to me to address this problem.

they sent me an email today, advising me to "complete this order" ... and when I clicked through the link, it wanted me to purchase the what should be warrantied power cable ... so I sent another message to Garmin Support asking why if my Zumo XT is still under warranty, I was being charged for a replacement power cable to fix an issue with the unit.

Hopefully, this was an auto reply email asking me to purchase a replacement power cable.
    email.png

checkout.png

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information