1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Stradale V4 Engine In Future Supersports

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Masklin, Oct 13, 2017.

1. I think they mean the panigale range of supersport bikes not the model supersport? But who knows what the future will bring .

2. Well it says Supersport in Italian as opposed to Superbike, but that could well be some clueless pretty tart in marketing

• Like Like x 1
  3. V4 with cylinder on demand technology as developed by VW/Audi would be awesome.

4. I find my Supersport is a very capable bike just as it is with the twin 939 as fitted. If I wanted more power then I would buy a pani. Even if there was a Supersport with a v4 engine in it I would still chose what I have now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  5. Didn’t occur to me when I posted it, but I’d agree it is a bit ambiguous which model is meant. Time will tell I suppose!

6. English translation is deceptive. The Italian text says "modelli supersportivi", so it should read "super-sporty models" (adjective not noun).

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I dont think they’ll put V4 in SS. Too much redesign reqd.
    1198 or 1265 multi motor is probable in ‘19 Im guessing.

8. IMO it's too expensive with a v twin in it, let alone a v4

• Like Like x 1
  9. Large air cooled Supersports are great bikes for mountains and such like twisty shit, simple engines with no water cooling, easy lightweight possibilities, nice and narrow. Torque-from-tickover is what these kinda twins can do all day long., which is perfect for the usage/segment.

I'd love Ducati to bring out a 135-140Kg 1000cc+ L-twin Supersport with 120RWHP. Something I always wanted the 90's carby SS/SL bikes to be.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information