1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Supersport

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by adele G, May 1, 2017.

1. October! Is that where we're at now? I test rode it 1st week April and was told 3 weeks! Then I started faffing about with insurance, then I went on hols to NY for 2 weeks, then I had back surgery and have spent the last week hobbling about hoping the bike would appear on the database and I could get a half decent quote before I jumped. Ah well. By October hopefully quotes will be sensible. That said my VFR will have lost in value more than I will gain in cheaper insurance . I was planning another test ride later this month as the one I had was hampered by my mate taking a multistrada 1200 out at the same time and it had a jammed exhaust valve.

2. I got mine
    I got mine for £321 with DMN Insurance

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can I ask who DMN Insurance are? Just tried searching for them and nothing came up. I've had a few quotes now and sadly Ducati Insurance at £819 (I think it was) has been the cheapest. It's made my mind up and I won't be buying a SuperSport :(

4. Dam! That's a shame
    I went with Ducati cost 4 x as much then the 1199 crazy
    I should have collected mine tomorrow but the venture shield not been done
    They hope to have it done by Wednesday but in the hands of a third party
    So we're see.ill probably wait till the following Saturday now
    Fingers crossed
    Availability? I placed my order after the test ride
    White they had on he shop floor which I purchased
    And Red I thought was a 4 week wait.

5. Fingers crossed... :)

6. Insurance was my main Issue as well couldnt get a sensible quote from anyone Ducati insurance was about the best at around £650 my Nine T is around £130 and the new BMW1200RS I had was £150.
    I notice some now list the bike so tried MCN compare and motorcycle direct both came back and said they cant give me a quote
    In the end I had to cancel my order, Ducati Glasgow were very understanding adn will refund deposit, though I am still hoping the Insurance companies get their act together

7. Sorry to hear that mate
    It's a disgusting how they ripping people off

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Until yesterday I had 4 bikes on a policy with Ducati Insurance (Ramasis), the Multi 1200, the Scrambler Classic, the 907ie and my Pantah 500SL on an agreed value. That lot for the year, all fully comp was £356.
    Having now sold the Multi to make room for the Supersport that I have ordered, also from Ducati Glasgow, I called them yesterday to take the Multi off the policy. They gave me back £54.53 for the remaining 10 months on the Multi but since I won't have the Supersport for another 4 to 6 weeks I can't insure it yet. So there is a £30 administration fee for taking the Multi off and there will be another £30 fee for adding the Supersport when it arrives.
    The quote to add the Supersport from 1st July is £189.69 + £30 admin fee - £25.53 (credit from Multi) leaving me with £194.16 to pay. Robbers! :mad:

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. Wow! Derek
    That's one of the best quotes I've seen for a SS
    But agree it's total bullshit
    How they get away with all this crap.

10. Its not as if you can ride more than one at a time, when I had the 2 beemers I was cheaper with two seperate policies with Hasting instead of their Multi-Bike even though I had to start one bike with zero NCB. Doesnt make any sense
    Of course the bike I sold is the one with 1 years NCB, but if a get quotes renewing that one for the Supersport it gets really silly over £1000
    Grrrrr

11. Maybe, but that is only for 9 months cover. It will renew next April, I'll see what happens then.

12. £30 to take the Multi off and another £30 to add the SuperSport seems excessive £30 to ammend the policy is more usual, though bad enough

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 2 different amendments at £30 each. If I had been putting the Supersport on immediately or within a few days it would have been £30 but it will be a few weeks at an as yet unspecified date before I have the Supersport, so 2 transactions. I had a buyer for the Multi and would have been daft not to take it as I'd have got peanuts from the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IMG_5983.PNG Got mine through Hastings direct cost under £200...53yrs with 8yrs no claims

#34 Bonesy, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  15. Hi All, sorry not been on for a while what with work and getting bumped off one of my bikes over the Bank Holiday (not the Ducati thank God). I'm now up to 800 miles and it's had it's first service. I have to say that it's one of the easiest bikes to ride, as ergonomically, everything is at the right height, reach etc. I did eventually get insured through Hastings fully comp for £120! I have a 748 insured through them too. There are lots of goodies just come out for the Supersport and a tail tidy will be the first thing, when I can afford it. I promise I will put some photos up later today, just come in from mountain biking and in desperate need of a shower, but here's one of the 748, just after I'd had it refurbished.

20151003_134403.jpg

16. Hope you weren’t hurt
    OR

17. Damaged a ligament in my foot but more upset that my FZR600 was written off. Guy ran into the back of me at a junction.

18. Sorry for your accident & glad your injuries are not to bad
    On a serious note i hope you had a good solicitor? Only saying cau's my brother had an off...car pulled out in front of him & Broke his leg. At the time i had just started seeing my new gf who is a solicitor but deals in medical negligence..she is duel qualified as was a former surgeon. Looking at my brothers injuries for which his solicitor had received an offer she pointed out that the offer had been vastly under valued..any way after swapping legal firms he ended up with nearly 40% more which being 64yrs has made a big difference to him
    It goes to show when in this predicament it shows you need to think carefully.
    Hope you are on the road to recovery?

#38 Bonesy, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  19. Hi Bonesy,

Bennetts appointed the solicitors and I have a medical in a week or so but I took photos of my foot at the time. They've booked me some physio too but at the endof the day they are one of the no win, no fee brigade.

20. Hi

They all work on a "no win no fee" basis now goverment changed rules few years back. Thats what the average man on the street don't realise that "these ambulance chasing solicitors" could work on a case for years and if they loose end up not getting paid! My concern is in my brother case he was given such bad advise that could have left him with serious problems in a few years...like not taking into account that he'll prob need a new knee at some stage...a fact that his then solicitor had not taken into account or the fact they needed to factor the price of that into his claim which alone added 15k
    Good luck with your treatment hope all goes well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information