1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Supersport

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by adele G, May 1, 2017.

1. Wow, sounds like you got off pretty lightly.
    Did you threaten to snap his white stick??

2. Eeeeeeeee!!!!!

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.PNG

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. Nice, but theres a great big in-continuity where the exhausts used to be. Needs a belly pan mod to clean up the lines.

4. I dont really get the look at all (and thats before u take into consideration its a white ducati).
    Why would you buy a supersport and stick sbk pipes on it?
    Looks so sore imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. At the moment that's the only option for an open cat-free exhaust for the Supersport.

6. sorry guys not a fan at all!! looks like a monster with fairings!! :worried:

7. I considered it, but felt is was fugly...

8. Apologies for resurrecting this post from May but I'm just embarking on this journey. I rang Carole Nash today, who currently insure my 748 (fully comp, London, garaged, ground anchor) for £180, to get a quote on a Supersport S and they claimed only one underwriter would provide a quote - and that came back at an eye-watering £1,840. Eff that.

At least they had the bike on their database but the fact only one underwriter would quote for the business indicates the bike is so new it is frightening off other providers.

The phone around starts tomorrow.

9. Try Ducati insurance.

10. Thanks - I never thought of them, will give them a try tomorrow.

After a bit of phoning around today I got it down to £600, reasonable excess, ride any other bike 3rd party, protected NCB, which isn't too bad, but they require a BikeTrac fitted. That's another £100 per annum.

11. I got a quote of around £200 from GoCompare (or some similar site) with Hastings insurance...

12. I got a quote of around £200 from GoCompare (or some similar site) with Hastings insurance... I am an old bugger though!

13. I'm no spring chicken myself but as usual it's my London postcode killing me. £200, that's sweet.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information