1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Ducati, New To Riding. Hi Folks

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Wardybud, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hi all,

Bit about myself. 25 years old. Stay in Glasgow. Brought up with bikes thanks to my dad who has had NC29 400, VTR SP1, MV F4 1000, MV F4 312 and now NSR 250 se. Most memorable childhood moments, Hislop vs Reynolds battles, Rutter vs Reynolds battles, Dunlop and his SP1, Rossi vs everyone lol.

Anyway, at 16 years old, i was told if i got a bike I'd have to leave the house so i ended up more of a car enthusiast but kept in touch with bikes. Got an E92 M3 with comp pack trim currently.

Fast forward 10 years, i bought an Aprilia RS 125 with a view to getting some road time and getting my license. Decided to strip it completely and restore it from ground up.

6 months later i snagged an unexpected ebay bargain in the form of a 2008 (58 plate) midnight black 1098s with 9000 miles on the clock. Since purchase i have spent my time trawling this forum amoung others, which have been most informative. Been collecting lots of goodies to upgrade the bike which is coming along nicely, after gunking every part of it within an inch of its life lol.

Anyway, I've now got my full license and thought I'd do a quick post before i do a build/restoration thread. Might post some of my dads NSR build along with mine too.

Have a good one troops.
    Cammy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Evening & welcome wardybud

3. Hello & welcome

4. Welcome Dave :)

5. Welcome dude

6. Welcome to the forum.

7. Welcome Cammy :upyeah: and if you’ve been stalking us all you’ll know we like pictures and @Ducbird like pictures of red ones with bins in the background. :) so post those pics asap

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Welcome into the mad house

Lurkers should know to post pics of bins and bikes we like them and it’s a forum law :)

Will it be red

Pics of the M3 if you like is that red too ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. welcome and enjoy

10. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

11. Stand inline and Welcome Cammy:upyeah::upyeah:

12. Great welcome guys. Forgot to say, the whole reason i got a bargain was because it was a Cat N straight from MCE with key, service history book, owners manual and tool kit, think the only things missing were the spare key and code card but don't know too much on this front. I think the previous owner took a short cut through a busb. Dont get me wrong, every plastic was a write off except the off-side mid fairing, however, the bike itself was in very good condition i.e. Forks, engine, yoke, wheels, swingarm, exhausts etc which is why i ended up taking the risk on buying it. I absolutely love the 1098R livery so will be going down that route. Think the red with carbon belly pan and champagne wheels looks the biz and got to have the number boards as well. I've since managed to source all the parts i need to put it back together but I'm a bit fussy so making sure it's clean and not rushing anything as the longer it takes, the more i can ask for christmas lol.

The M3 on the other hand is boggo alpine white with comp pack wheels running 295s on the rears, IPE valvetronic exhaust, updated LED rear lights, carbon spoiler, alpine sound sysyem, updated CIC with console and controller. Although i have the full IPE system i only have the backboxes installed as intend on getting the EvolveR remap eventually. I've spent a fair amount on the car and got it to a place where I'm happy so can focus on the bikes now. Been quite unlucky with people hitting me this year so shes needing a bit of TLC currently.

I've attached some pics of my bike, car, my set up and the end game for my dad and I's bikes but going to run the bike stuff in a build thread.

Quick youtube link for the M3.

_20180808_152953.JPG

_20180808_152720.JPG

DSC_6098.JPG

IMG_20160610_013338.jpg

DSC_5134.JPG

DSC_5254.JPG

DSC_5260.JPG

DSC_5640.JPG

DSC_5748.JPG

IMG-20180904-WA0058.jpeg

img1629h2838_1.jpeg