1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Ducati, New To Riding. Hi Folks

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Wardybud, Oct 16, 2018.

1. lotus49back.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

3. Yeah, nightmare in the winter trying to keep out the gritters spray. Once it's ruined, there's no replacement pretty much.

Wow. Tyre goals. Some might think you have traction issues... . Or lack of. Lol

Ha ha carbon copy of my dad to scare the thieves away.

Bit of a delay with the replys, been busy and trying to gather up/refurb parts ready to blaze the build. After christmas should be about ready.

• Like Like x 2
  4. wicked dude... more pics soon as poss:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2C0DB294-98A5-4B1B-B5CB-E3AE9279014A.jpeg Welcome to the forum.
    I’ve just recently got my 1098S and while it’s not suffered the fate yours has I want it A1. Please share any developments / things you find as you go

6. Very nice setup. I am exactly the same, I can't have it on the road unless i know everything is as clean as can be and finished.

I've spent the most part cleaning the dirt/grime from the battery tray, frame, exhausts, sump, crank cases, handlebars/yoke (especislly underneath), re-wrapping/cleaning the frayed loom at the battery tray area, polishing the exhausts and waiting on parts but I'm getting to the point where its time to start bolting things on.

Its one of those things where everytime i go to do something, i uncover a part that needs refurbed or cleaned/replaced, for example i recently got my hands on a TTX shock which was filthy but after a good clean it came up well. I then discovered the needle bearings, seals and bush of the shock cantilever were absolutely ruined beyond use so currently planning on picking those parts up today.

The exhaust nuts were rounded off so needed new ones.

The paint on the frame at front headlight bracket bolting area needed resprayed.

The ride height adjusters can be a pain if they have seized. If so a bit of WD40 and a heat gun should do the trick and remember the bottom ball joint and nut is reverse thread.

My airbox is pretty filthy so need to clean the inside of it and better seal the intake joint area.

I was surprised at how heavy the subframe was so trying to find a reasonably priced R or aluminium one.

Front and rear lights need some TLC but theres a good 3M headlight polishing kit for £20 which brings them back to new.

The teeth on the top side of the undertray were snapped off but still usable. Mines also had a chip so just replaced it.

I've got a whole stack of upgrades which I've been doing/buying and waiting to get tore into. Ive not really came across any major issues but I'll create a thread soon with what I've done so you can refer.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information