1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 New To Me 848 , Upgrades ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ebbs73, May 7, 2018.

1. I shall have a good look , sure it's not to hard to spend money on shiner bits .

Thank you for your brains

2. A few have mentioned "suspension sorted" - what exactly did you need to do to the suspension on your own bikes to make it as you wanted it? Are you talking a re-spring or re-valving or both?

I've spent weeks of my life working on dirt bike suspension units but have never even touched the adjusters on a road bike!

3. Get yourself an adjustable rear ride height rod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. What length of RHR would you recommend? I'm guessing the larger +8mm one - I see there seems to be three choices.

5. Adjustable...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I fitted an adjustable rhr and an ohlins ttx rear shock with the correct spring rate for me on mine :upyeah:

7. There are different lengths available for the 848, which one did you use?
      • 96mm, adjustable from 154mm to 186mm (small) -8mm from OEM
      • 104mm, adjustable from 162mm to 198mm (medium) OEM size
      • 112mm, adjustable from 170mm to 210mm (large) +8mm from OEM

8. I fitted an adjustable oem one off a 1098/1198 cant remember which :upyeah:

9. So

I've done a fair few more miles on the bike and I've sorted a new seat .
    I'm really struggling with the rubbish mirrors , I always use my mirrors so it's a pain .
    Are these the sort of thing I need or is there something better?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oberon-P...-1198-Mirror-Extenders-MIX-0704-/221960084522

I've the starter cable to order and reg/rec to do , is it worth replacing it as I move it ?
    Recommendations ?

Thank you again for your brains .

10. TBH I'd persevere with doing the "chicken impression" and looking under your arms to see behind you - works for me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I don't want to be a chicken !

I'll give it more miles .

12. You get used to the chicken thing.

I found tank grips made everything a lot more comfy and less wrist and back achy on long days out.

13. I have the smaller Oberon Streetfighter bar end mirror on the right side of my 999. It’s discreet enough to not be noticeable and spoil the looks of the bike but is perfect for filling in the blind spot immediately behind. It sits over my little finger and barely adds to the width of the bike at all.
    Works for me :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information