1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tool To The Stable

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Mar 1, 2019.

2. @frazzle Yeah mate finally went. The 996 will be coming to Silverstone for the Ducati day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you ridden the R6 in anger yet? Whats she like????

4. Yeah took her out last night mate for about 30 miles, it's really smooth and is quick for a 600 , it's a bit like a 2 stroke keeping the revs up . The noise it makes as addictive even with the standard Exhaust, induction noise is just as loud. It's really nimble as well, does feel strange with no steering damper though. Clutch is so light and easy.
    The whole bike is easy to be honest,really is fun.

• Like Like x 2
  5. A mate has had one as his track bike for the last 5 years...Loves it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Certainly making me think. Recon I may hire one first.......

• Like Like x 1
  7. I can see why people have 600s over the 1000 for track work now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. YOU TOLD ME TO GET A 'THOU :motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Haha yeah I did. Sell it and buy a 600 mate.

I wouldn't sell my 1000 track bike though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What's it like size wise?

11. Quite small mate.

#31 cookster, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  12. Nice Bike mine was a 1999 model, BUT i sold it and bought the 748 as speeds were getting daft

• Like Like x 1
  13. I can see why you made that change, I found the gixxa 750 a far better everyday bike than the 1000

14. I did look as a couple of 750 gixxers, I had an 07 plate and it was a lovley bike.

15. Nice bike :upyeah::upyeah:
    Back in 2008 I went to P&H in Crawley as a full novice (well 1 year on a Yamaha Fazer S2) and tested all the 600cc bunch.
    Cbr600- didn't felt any "flamme", but the ABS linked brake was amazing compared to all others on dusty roads.
    Gsxr750- good handling, not so great brakes, however it had that extra torque over the others, but without the 1000cc madness.
    Gsxr600- good bike, but after riding the 750cc I could notice the lack of grunt.
    R6 - probably best handling, but definitely much more race focused and 2t like power delivery, only thing I disliked it was the sitting position. Gsxr was like sitting "in the bike".The R6 "on top of the bike" . Strange enough now I prefer the latest..
    Went for the Gsxr750 as was intending to do lot of road riding, second choice would have been the R6.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The r6 is quite tall in the seat which I find quite annoying at the mo. But I guess it is what it is. I like bikes which I can touch the floor flat footed for some reason. I know I'm weird. :D

17. I think is was the fact that the R6, R1 have lower tanks and also not ending as steep as Suzuki. I found the Suzuki tank better to grip when cornering or braking hard.
    Latest R1 seats are 855mm, although I am not a tall person I do not mind at all if not flat on the floor (probably a lot of offroad riding) See 998 vs R1 tank shape. 47684488_1003046796534172_3460078090913316864_n.jpg

18. Yeah I know what you mean, panigale tank very similar to the new r1.

19. Well took the r6 to donny last week and found it good fun, though it was hard work changing up and down the gear box a million times, think I might fit a quick shifter on it. Defiantly prefer my gsxr 1000 on the track.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information