1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'new' Top Gear - The Verdict

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bigredduke, May 29, 2016.

1. Hey, I might be able to use that GIF :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. OK but can I nominate Rachel Riley? She'd be really good with the numbers....that's the only reason.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The BBC have said they will "stand by Chris Evans"...
    But, given their recent history of cover-ups, that's hardly a great recommendation !

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. So, anyway, heading back towards the original thread...
    Anyone taking bets on Jenson Button joining the team when his Maclaren contract expires at the end of this season ?

5. not sure how Button would deal with the contrived script / hamming,,,,, he does seem to be his " own man " ,,,, just wonder how long before he gets bored with the whole thing ...

6. Errr... Looks like some people already are...
    Top Gear: 12 Candidates To Replace Chris Evans
    Some odd suggestions among this lot - one or two who could actually be worse than the ginger freak !

7. homes under the hammer guy,,, fkn kiddin !!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry - Chris Harris all the way....seems to know his stuff, everything he's done on there so far has been good.

9. Does he need replacing? I hear there are a few involved, how many does it take?

10. "new" top gear is dead,, long live the new new top gear,, new thread required ??

• Like Like x 1
  11. old top gear was dead, new one's even deader, can someone please take a hint?

12. Apparently Boris Johnson has got the gig

• Like Like x 1
  13. i heard Angela Loathsome

14. Surely it's Andrea Loathsome.

15. so so :flushed:,,,, yes thats the one ( shows how interested i am !! )

16. Don't call me Shirley.

17. "Old Top Gear" clearly wasn't dead - the viewing figures bear that out. You might not have liked it, but 350 Million people worldwide did. However, it is dead now...
    "New Top Gear" was never alive in the first place. It was doomed from the moment the BBC let Evans anywhere near it. 1.9 million viewers for the last episode - the lowest figure since 2002...
    It would be nice if the BBC could "take a hint" - they will never be able to resurrect Top Gear.
    Bring on The Grand Tour !

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. er,, what is the grand tour ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information