1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Toy Or Not?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Brom66, Jul 20, 2019.

1. What worries me more about both bikes is that seem to be have mostly been designed for track rather than road and I wonder if that has made them lesser bikes.

You wouldn't think bmw bikes would be having issues after all their years making bikes and in the same way, you would have thought Ducati would be the guiding light of standards when VAG took over.

Point in question, I would feel more confident riding down to Sicily and back on a 20 year old blackbird than a few months old ducati or bmw.

It's great that at some point they seem to have a good customer service for when things go wrong and so they should for 20k plus bikes, but it shouldn't be that you get to know your mechanic and warranty department that well in the first place

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. You can always move away from a dedicated sports bike. There are plenty of options out there if you want something slightly less focussed. :thinkingface: Sports bike look great, no doubt. But almost anything you buy these days will be more than enough for the road. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Or Suzuki. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. 20yr old blackbird will not be more likely to make the trip

5. Looks like if I did a deal within the next week or so, reckon possibly upto £13.8k to trade and I can return my to standard, but wont be able to get a delivery til next year, the systems says January, but in reality more like June.. But the list of extras on mine is pretty huge and probably still would only get £14.5 with all below

Ducati Performance; Full Akrapovic Evolution Titaium Exhaust,Rearsets, Brake & Clutch Levers, F&R Brake Reservoir, Clutch Reservoir, Comfort Seat, Bar Ends, Indicators, Battery Charger, Bike Cover.

Ducati Performance Carbon Fibre; Swing Arm Cover, Key Guard Cover, Air Intake Covers, Tank Pad, Clutch Guard cover, Generator Guard Cover, Heal Guards, Front Sprocket Cover, Hugger, Rear Chain Guard.

Other extras; Piug Tinted Screen, Evotech Tail Tidy, Evotech Radiator Guards, Aftermarket Carbon Rear Seat Cover, Oberon 30mm Slave Cylinder, Eaziguard Paint Protection Film, Motografix Front & Rear Gel number boards and tank guards, (all helps protect from stone chips)

6. Looks like if I did a deal within the next week or so, reckon possibly upto £13.8k to trade and I can return my to standard, but wont be able to get a delivery til next year, the systems says January, but in reality more like June.. But the list of extras on mine is pretty huge and probably still would only get £14.5 with all below

Ducati Performance; Full Akrapovic Evolution Titaium Exhaust,Rearsets, Brake & Clutch Levers, F&R Brake Reservoir, Clutch Reservoir, Comfort Seat, Bar Ends, Indicators, Battery Charger, Bike Cover.

Ducati Performance Carbon Fibre; Swing Arm Cover, Key Guard Cover, Air Intake Covers, Tank Pad, Clutch Guard cover, Generator Guard Cover, Heal Guards, Front Sprocket Cover, Hugger, Rear Chain Guard.

Other extras; Piug Tinted Screen, Evotech Tail Tidy, Evotech Radiator Guards, Aftermarket Carbon Rear Seat Cover, Oberon 30mm Slave Cylinder, Eaziguard Paint Protection Film, Motografix Front & Rear Gel number boards and tank guards, (all helps protect from stone chips)

Edited to say there is also Ducati warranty until November 2020

7. They will only trade out, so if the price is same standard, I’d spend a weekend stripping stuff and get a few quid back. If you can be bothered :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I had a test ride s100rr....shit the bed, missile, handling just sublime made a Duke seem hard graft, brakes mind blowing, cam shift after 6k sent the World in reverse infact is was so good 30mph in 6th with no problem, it was in RACE mode, looking at their prices I'm seriously thinking why not...owned Duke since 78 but this was/is seriously outthere…..

• Like Like x 3
  9. I thought there was some kind of major recall on the new S1000rr, or is that just a rumour?

10. Wait till you ride the 1000cc version! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

11. New Bmw 1000rr

Post 123 on that thread.

12. I owned a 2010 BM and found it to be a bit soulless. I changed it for a 1299 Panigale and love it. Don't understand the not starting or rain problem mentioned above, mine has never failed to start and it has got absolutely soaked with no problems. I guess we all have different experiences and preferences so my advice, go with your heart. For me, the Pani wins hands down.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Naaaah BMW banned you last year......
    As old and fat as you are I think Ducati may do well without you!
    BMW will welcome fat old boys

• Like Like x 1
  14. I just spotted the Anniversario V4 ultimate 916 in the MCN.
    Absolutely stunning and at £37k for the well heeled only.
    I felt a little sad that there is no trellis frame, too smooth, dare I say too japanese in style, a big old spar.
    Call me old fashioned, but as beautiful as it is I do feel there's a little bit missing, I know they have to move with the times, not all bikes can have twin pipes, trellis frame and vee twin, but isn't that what made Ducati special.
    Just one lottery win away from placing my order.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael no need to take it out on us old guys, I is still quicker than you even if I am 15+stone..
    BMW have let me back in change of manager and sales, although they are not budging on the deal, but they will have to if they want me to buy a GS1250 aswell for me an H

I was offered £16750 today on a CBR1000rr SP2 19 reg reckon I could squeeze a bit more, £14k on R1m, ZX10rr, and a liitle bit more for a V4s

16. Agree Andy Pani wins everyday for me but when my warranty is out its gonna be one of either, never go wrong of it'll be off road for a while, bought it because Audi owned might improve Ducati reliability, but alas it hasn't, my mates V4s is just as bad with EML on after 1st service 650 miles on the clock and on our way to Spain, both our bikes had issues so they so being collected together to get warranty work done.

17. F*** off Gonzo:punch:

18. Who is michael You puppet “pasty”

19. Apparently only 30 bikes were affected on the production line for 1 milling machine in march that's if you believe bmw sales team

Do Not Sell My Personal Information