1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Toy Or Not?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Brom66, Jul 20, 2019.

1. You Michael :bucktooth:

2. Having trouble getting a decent deal on trading the 1299s for a S1000rr, my local said it's best bike at the moment, the order book is full this is our deal take or leave it..

3. Brom66 - must admit my mate has had problems with his V4s, although it seems sorted now. From what he said, it seemed to me the dealer was not doing enough to sort things out. Not what you expect when you've paid that money imo. Still I guess we all speak as we find and at the end of the day the bike has to put a grin on your face when you ride it. Good luck with whatever you end up with!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BMW... = Bloody Mahousive Wingmirrors..

F3C0222C-A7A9-44BB-B5AC-0561DB91BDC9.jpeg

X

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. With a bike of that ilk, you need to be able to see what’s behind you ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I’m surprised that by now, correct if I’m wrong, that instead of wing mirrors there’s not rear view cameras instead, but I guess there’s little room for a display in the handle bar area.. x

7. Mega dangerous looking down to see behind imho.

8. Good point... will have to wait till they do head up displays...

• Agree Agree x 1

9. Had better success today been offered £14.5k standard, on a 2020 R1M or a Buildbase Gixer which is 0%, they are possibly going to give me a price with all the extras on Monday. Was offered £16750 on a Honda SP2 and £14k standard, so hopefully will get a revised offer of around £17k+.. But still holding out for a S1000rr which is over £2k cheaper than the R1M, and even cheaper than the Buildbase Gixer !!

10. But they work, unlike the blurred vision 1299 !

11. I've just replaced my 1299S with a new Gen 4 M Sport and done about 1200 miles on it now.

I'll start off by saying that it was a bit of a mistake getting rid of the 1299, there were a few issues and ideas going around in my head and by the time I realized that I didn't want to sell it, it was sold and couldn't back out. It was time to look for a new bike. Wasn't sure of the Beemer to start with but I ordered one and in between ordering and delivery I started to look deeper into them. All I can say is that anyone that thinks a Gixer or any other litre superbike out there is better value for money than the Gen 4 Beemer needs to go and do some serious homework. It's streets ahead on spec and bag for buck than anything else out there.

I've test ridden the V4S and the new RSV4 1100 prior to getting the Beemer and I can honestly say that I'm glad I waited for the BMW, it's just so easy to ride. That might be a downfall as well though and I think that's what is confusing people when they say it's boring or bland, it's not, it's just easy to ride fast and does everything so easy.
    The V4 looks and sound put me off and although they can be fixed (just look @Mary Hinge V4, it's undoubtable the best I've seen) it's costs an absolute fortune to do. I'm also a bit pissed off with the whole Ducati branding pants pulling down exercise every time you want to buy something for them.

The Gen 4 isn't without faults though...it's got a buzz through the bars at lower speeds that you don't notice when you're nicking on and will never be noticeable on track, but as a road bike it might annoy others.
    The dash is something else, I challenge anyone to find a better dash on a bike straight out the showroom.
    Some might have seen my thread on here where I modified some Ventura brackets from my 1299 to fit the Beemer and I strapped a Kreiga US30 on for the NC500. It was an absolute pleasure, although I only managed from Glasgow to John O'Groats and back, it was just as comfortable as anything else I've ridden and dispersed any ideas of buying a separate bike for touring.

All in all I loved my 1299S and didn't want to sell it but I'm glad I did as I wouldn't have bought the beemer. They're 2 completely different bikes and not for everyone. Just look at the amount of people that hate Ducati's and I'm sure there's plenty of Ducati owners that hate the IL4.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Surely if you spend a few hours with the tools and revert the bike to standard you’ll get far more than the £700 extra for the extras selling privately?

13. Thanx Carson, even though i've been offered more money to do a deal on the R1M, it's still a better deal on the BMW, but the only downside to having the BMW is every man and his dog will have one within the next couple of years, the order books are full it seems

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. That would be the plan, but i'd prefer it to go complete, nothing worse then having expensive clutter in your garage

15. If you want rarity go for the RSV4 1100. Everyone has an R1M or a Ducati. I’ve never seen so many R1Ms than when I was at the TT last year, they were everywhere.

16. I really like the RSV4 RF 1100 DJDVNDKJSLBDNCLS;AKJSKNDKCB.DAACNKDSB/A, 1234567. But a mate of mine (track day fiend) who swaps his bike with his pants, got one and hated it! Rare I must say, because most people love em. He's just bought an HP4 Race..... Where do you go from there? :)

17. Aye that’s the end of the road really

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RSV4 on Autotrader for £20k cancelled order, but it's reliability of the Italians, so outdated same as the ZX10r needs a complete refresh, although if it aint broke etc.

Didn't realise they were so common, but then again is there 500 released every year, which probably outsell standard R1.

19. Superleggerra?! Or gen 2 R ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. my salary does not stretch that far :(

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information