1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Toy Or Not?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Brom66, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Completely agree with you on the RSV4 mate, needs a complete makeover although I’ve not had any issues at all with my 2016 Tuono V4 Factory.
    If you’re looking at them, the dealer I took a test ride on offered me one for £20k and could have it in 3 days.

The don’t limit the R1M to 500 units a year mate

2. And other issue's with RSV4 is dealership over 200 mile round trip, prices are already dropping, in 3 years wont be worth a bean ..

Didn't know R1M was not limited, seeing as they come with a individual no. and order direct through Yamaha UK ?

3. Looks like it’s only going to be the 2020 R1M that’s individually numbered, but no mention of how many to be produced. The 2015-2019 bike weren’t numbered or limited

• Like Like x 1
  4. Actually rang 3 Ducati dealers for a deal on a V4s or the Corse, was offered £15k with all the extras £13.5 without from one the other two basically said we don't want it as we've already got a few on the sales list that have been there for a while...As for all the dealers of all marques I've chatted with over the last week or so, asked what is the best you've been offered, which was £16750 on a Honda SP2 and for them to turn round and say they cant sell them and soon as you buy one the value will bottom out and you wont be able to give it away...….. I know the fecking feeling with a 1299s :mad::mad:

5. So beat depreciation (kind of), keep the 1299S!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’ve found that Ducati just aren’t competitive when it comes to doing a deal against other marques. Another reason I didn’t buy a V4S. It’s the Ducati arrogance if that’s the price that’s the deal that pisses me off, there’s no room for any movement from what I’ve seen

7. I’d really like a test ride on a V4S but fear I’d want one too much. However at present I’ve got a 2016 1299S which has done only 9,000 miles and is already much better than I am. It’s an unbelievable road missile and I think any improvements that a V4 would offer would be wasted on a fat middle aged chump with (very) limited talent!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. It's Ducati's way of weeding out the riff raff ;)

Move along now.....

:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I actually think that you're right

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Its certainly more refined but just as unreliable

11. x2

12. I see your point - but in 9,500 miles and nearly three years ive had no problem whatsoever. Its never let me down or even used any oil. It’s been maxed out on occasion until the speedo wouldn’t go up anymore, toured Germany, France, Scotland with panniers, seen the ice warning light on and generally used as a bike rather than a garage Queen. A18B7A0E-B26B-412A-BE4E-2D36B5B35B5A.jpeg
    Looks ok still too!
    I suppose if I was to swap I’d do it sooner rather than later as I’m sure the dreaded 10,000 mile mark won’t impress any dealer as a trade in.

• Like Like x 2
  13. It's without doubt the best looking sports bike ever imho..
    I too have done 9500 miles, would have done a lot more, spent several months in dealers and I mean several, quickshifters gone twice, dash, bottom yoke bump stop broke off, 2 clutch covers, engine cover behind,and it needs replacing again, generator cover all corroded paint bubbling, rear brake master cylinder bar fell off and now DES, around £100 on various nuts fixings that have vibrated loose, also snapped 2 fixings off in the swing arm and engine cover luckily drilled out without any damage....but everytime I ride it it bring one hell of a grin..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You decided yet?!

15. I think it’s a keeper. I know I would.

16. No Bradders, deals are I can get £1.5k more on a R1M than the BMW and both are around £130 per month with £5k added, or go for the SP2 no extra money and £85 per month !!!!!! or keep the 1299 an pay the balloon payment in December of £10k, then have another 10 months of warranty and knowing after that if the previous 4 year are anything to go by it will go wrong !!

One thing is for sure being offered £13250 with the akra left on and 16 months warranty remaining by my local dealer today made me realise I will never do business with them again..Also been waiting for over 2 weeks now for them to collect to sort out the DES fault..

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t swap a 1299 for a Yamaha. I’d much prefer to continue riding red. Saying that have I been lucky and I got the reliable bike and many others didn’t? I freely admit if my bike has given me the same amount of snags that some have had I’d probably have a different opinion. Are Panigales that unreliable - or just the few that get all the attention?
    (I genuinely don’t know. This isn’t an intentional flame question - but I’m interested anyhow!)

18. Jack, In the nearly 3 years of ownership, 30 days of that the bike has been on 3 separate euro trips accumulating around 7500miles, with faults breakdowns on every trip, occurring a £250 phone bill while in Andorra trying to communicate with Ducati assist, who are f**king useless. 2000 miles have been done locally and yet again it has broke down on a few occasions.. Would you keep it !!! ??????

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ian you seem to be a lucky one, I'd have a V4s tomorrow, but going from £99 per month to nearly £300 is just not going to happen, being offered less than other marque dealers is insulting to me let alone Ducati brand, and even being told by a few Ducati dealers we do not wont your bike is a kick is even worse.
    Mine is a Monday morning bike pretty sure of that but my mates V4s having EML while we touring makes me think there's more bad than good.

20. Bite the bullet and buy the beemer mate. Best aftercare there is. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information