1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Toy Or Not?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Brom66, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Yes I would (but I have been drinking whiskey).

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Let me know when you've been drinking Tea

3. Every time I look at a 1299 I want another one. Never had any issues with my 1299S and I'd have another in a heartbeat. Still more bike than most of us can handle but it's always nice to have the latest bikes

• Like Like x 1

4. Have to agree with this. I bought my S1000R purely as a commuter; it's up to £17k miles now and never misses a beat.

However, my clutch cable snapped not too long ago, while in Whitehall, Central London. Was picked up within a few hours and drove home that night in a 500 mile 19 plate 530D. Terrible at filtering but thought that was some level of service.

5. £14200 standard on a new RSV1100 Factory which has been reduced to £18999, 8.9% finance though !
    Thoughts !!

6. 8.9% finance. PCP or HP/Loan? If the latter that’s costly. Better rate from internet lender or probably even your bank.

7. PCP I guess, 3% from Santander atm.

There getting back to me on Thursday, said finance was way off other deals !

8. Personal loans around 2.9%APR (look on money saving expert).
    PCPs are generally more from an Apr perspective but worth asking for a better rate like you have. A lot of PCP deals are subsided by the manufactures to help shift units.
    If you plan to keep the bike longer term a loan would be my choice but at the end of the day you pay your money and take your choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Update, still have not got the 1299s back from dealers.

But right choice or not financially I've gone for the Honda SP2, I got nearly £4k more than any Ducati, BMW, Yamaha, or Suzuki dealer would offer me which because of the delay in getting back my bike due to warranty the offers will probably be less come September, but Honda will keep there offer until my bike is ready, deal is also 0%

Now since end of June, I've has new quickshifter fitted £600 + vat & labour, then in Spain the DES fault , which is why the bike was is in dealers £1600 +vat & labour, Ive also been arguing the toss about both engine covers as well as clutch and generator cover the paint is peeling and bubbling, which Ducati have finally agreed to change at what cost I do not know as yet !

I'm just glad I took out the extended warranty, as I reckon the total for the above will be above £5k !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2 months u be moaning about it in dealer with issues.
    Good luck old man

11. Nah it's a Honda, as far as I'm aware the odd neutral may occur..
    Ducati anything could go wrong
    BMW unknown as yet but such a delay in orders being delivered, there is some underlying issue that need to be ironed out..crank feed issue cracking on the fairings, carbon wheel trouble..
    Yamaha crank trouble
    Suzuki, should have could have but my brother has one !!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information