1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Toy

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by farmster, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Is that the right colour scheme for the fizz DX?

2. Its a 1975 Fs1e ED not a DX I believe as it has Yamaha screw on tank badges and closed shocks as a fs1e rather than Yamaha painted tank and spring shocks its a very early DX when the fs1e was in change over to the DX .

#42 Lmp1 jay, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FS1E .... brings back great memories !! it only had two speeds. Stopped or flat out

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I had an FS1E when I was 16, my mate had a brand new RD50, he couldn’t keep up with me, it would do 50-55 on the flat. Wish I’d kept it.

Here’s a keeper tho, had this 13 years

41B6D964-4513-4878-9854-D83F8A43DEDD.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. This is a better one, it’s got bins in it.

94AE5153-AF21-498F-B451-29E1EB184336.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Funny , my mate bought a brand new rd50 , we swapped on a ride out one day , god it was slow , nearly had to prise him off of my unrestricted 1976 fantic caballero , once I'd managed to catch him up of course . Lol.
    Stags sitting a bit high in the front btw , rover v8 converted ?
    Puddy:)

7. It wasn’t all great. The lasses back then were a bit unkempt down below. Copping off after last orders.... disco fanny- jeeezus...

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Looks high by the way it’s parked but it’s got 1 inch lowered springs, it also has SPAX adjustable wall around but the fronts are very hard even on the lowest setting, I may change to Gaz or KYB. No Rover but the proper Stag engine. Been all over in this car, Monaco, Le Mans etc on family holidays to France. Love the car more than my bikes.

9. Watch out for them genies terry.. the lying bastards will promise you all sorts

• Like Like x 1
  10. 3.0 triumph v8 kettle, lol. Had a terrible rep back in the day , 2 x dolly sprint engines conjoined as I remember , which also couldn't hold their coolant in. I dare say modern rads and coolant go a long way to solving this.
    Puddy :)

11. never over heated in my time, been loads of places, 30 plus degrees in traffic in St. Tropez no problems. It’s does have a larger rad i now run an external water pump, this was done as preventative rather than reactive. So for the previous 9 years it was fine. Stag was before the sprint so the sprint is 1/2 the stag engine but 16 valve. Wish they’d done 16 valve heads for the stag!

Don’t get me wrong tho, it does need maintaining although it’s not needy it doesn’t like neglect!

12. Soz , 2 x dolomite 1500 hc engines conjoined.
    As I said bad rep " back in the day"
    Enjoy , puddy :)

13. yup, blamed for killing BL, nothing to do with the rest of the shit BL was producing, Allegro anyone????

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It’s true resembled this

4FF332F2-6480-4D06-AAA5-CE4F3F1F3308.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nice! Mimosa ?

16. Dolomite 1850 times 2 is the nearest to the stag lump, sohc 4 cylinder with same design head, timing chain, w pump and ignition driven off jack shaft which in turn was driven by the cam chain. Took one down to Paul Ricard to watch Bol Dor back in '82, took us there and back via Monaco, Geneva and probably a couple of other places with no problems at all.
    1500 Dolomite was normal ohv pushrod engine, not very exciting but generally reliable.

17. Done Monaco, Le Mans and various holidays to France. Like I said, 13 years and still going ok. I’ve possibly jinxed it now tho

18. I know this is a bike Forum but hey ho, my Stag doesn’t have the Jackshaft driven pump anymore, I fitted a belt driven external one for a little piece of mind. The Stag is the same colour as my Ducati, there we are, back on track

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information