1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tyres: Scrubbing In On The Road

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by bikermike, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Bike was about 2 years old, so 2000ish

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. I don't think you'd spin new tyres nowadays quite as easily to be honest, (unless you are a ham fisted monkey) but so long as folk adopt common sense, all should be OK.

3. Erm.....:blush: :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. So much bollox talked about tyres (and oil) and I used to bother myself with stuff like this too but now I know, don't go bonkers on the throttle, brake, or lean angle for the first few corners and all will be good :upyeah:

Obviously new tyres need heat in them just as much as used tyres before you push it so it's safe to say that by the time the new tyre's warmed up you're good to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oldie but goodie:

6. 2 *dry* corners? at this time of year? it'll be well over 100 miles before I get that...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yep, but there's wheelies then there's wheelies!:D

8. Then there are Detonators :joy::joy:

9. yes when to Frazers to pick up a brand new Buell lightning having just dropped of the "fire" something? very similar model, dropped into the corner out of the shop drive way, flicked/spun it 180 degrees and fell over, two weeks before the got a gear lever for it, tire was like greased, (release agent) I notice they dry them off with something now, didnt get 20m? record?

10. Yep that's one type, :grinning: shouldn't it be apostrophe s or is it s apostrophe?:confused:

11. Apostle more like. :innocent:

12. Apostle more like. :innocent:

13. From my house down to whiteaways cafe just under 30 miles, Metzlers M7rr

14. Well, the tyre bloke said 100 miles and then went "well, it's not like it's a powerful bike is it?"
    Felt a dang sight better on the ride back. Didn't ride in today, but I'll be gentle with them all week (/until a decent chase target presents itself...)

15. My view is you can still corner the same as on worn tyres just don't be giving it fist full of throttle till you've taken the shine off. So pick a road with decent lefts and right bends a dozen corners down the road and your scrubbed in

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Just stumbled onto this:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snake it up the road from the tyre fitters, then ten minutes of Milton Keynes & back to work, job done...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agree, except the going to Milton Keynes and work bit!! Who would ever want to go to either? :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information