1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 New V2 Panigale

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Totally agree. But I wouldn’t be bothered with no down shifter too. Had them, they are clunky and it’s easier with a clutch anyway.
    It’s about vfm and attracting as many users as possible.

2. I totally agree that you don't want to water down sportsbikes to the detriment of performance, which is why they exist in the first place.

I don't agree about heated grips though. I don't personally care about them, but I also don't see that they present any material compromise at all: they add no material weight, and are hardly a complication in the scheme of the electronic rider aides which exist nowadays. They therefore don't affect performance at all, and therefore don't detect from the defectiveness of the sportsbike.

If it's a matter of principle, then I understand, but I think of sacrifice that principle in favour of the bike being more usable (especially in our British climate).

Of course, ultimately about personal choice. Few of us probably miss the hardcore riding position of the 916 range however...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. What about cup-holders?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I love technology and applaud the recent advances that have been made with the S1000RR and how it has forced other manufacturers to up their game.

However, each extra feature adds cost, weight and complexity - if that’s the way the market is going and they need to compete then so be it.

I just feel that the cost of bikes has increased dramatically over recent years and it would be nice to be able to buy a more focused version without having to pay for lots of extras that are simply stripped from many bikes soon after purchase.

So if a base model Panigale comes with more and more features designed for practicality and luxury it just becomes more expensive for those of us who just want the lightest, best handling bike possible for the money.

If options can be offered to suit all tastes then I am fully behind them - as long as they don’t cause manufacturers to compromise on the fundamentals of sportsbike design.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not sure a £50 set of grips and a throttle lock costs much....

6. Great idea. But doesn’t the panigale have those already built into the rear seat unit?

7. I think Euro5 is making bikes heavier to a far greater degree than a few bits of wire wrapped round the grips.
    Bigger exhaust (to house cats’) and thicker engine cases (to quieten engine noise) add far more weight.
    ABS systems also add weight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think there’s a lot to this, if you look at my 2007 1098s which was the top of the line offering from Ducati back then, it has almost no electronic aids apart from a digital dash, the latest top of the line Pani has a QS, ABS, cruise control, traction & wheelie control, TFT screens & a load more I’ve forgotten about. All this stuff adds weight & cost & it’s obviously more to go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. But would Sir like our special Ducati branded grips with thermostatically controlled temperature settings - automatically adjusting to the ambient air temperature and body fat percentage of the rider?

Or our premium ride by wire adaptive cruise control specially developed in our Artisan brewery by trained assassins?

Or course Sir would - one can tell Sir is a gentleman of means and taste..... finance? Of course we can arrange finance........ ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I guess all the people who don’t care for heated grips don’t suffer from Reynaud’s syndrome. Unfortunately I do, and I would LOVE heated grips on my V4. To ride any bike fast (including on the track) you have to be comfortable and in control. You can’t be in total control with numb fingers. I’d much rather use thin gloves with heated grips than thicker ones.

Cruise control - nice for boring days sat on the motorway travelling through France, where it’s no longer advisable to play on the motorways or main roads. I can happily do without it, but use it if I have it.

11. Good point - I’m being selfish - I take my gloves off on Ski lifts and grab the freezing metal to try and cool down! o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Enough about the heated grips :laughing:, I only mentioned it cos I was a bit disappointed as there was an image of the V2 dash with a heated grips icon posted.

It will be a brilliant bike for road/track and like the 899 over the 1199 probably a better choice than the V4 for most of us. Brilliant electronics, a blipper, and 6 axis IMU and all that brings.

Let's now talk about the crap mirrors. :joy:

RBW.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Here’s my cup holder.

4ED96FBF-BDCA-4137-BD45-66C0D38F479C.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. On the head :upyeah:

15. 0F57A1A9-39F6-4E9A-908E-98F7D42D975F.jpeg ^ it was minging on Friday and the Pani has a 90 mile ride out. The rumour that bikes melt in the rain is not true.

16. It’s wet itself :eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OMG, IM SOO SORRY, WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!

18. I used it in late autumn and it shat itself o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. looks like mine
    0df3cd8cf89a6e9c323b014c2d42d363.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information