1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Video Part 2

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jose, May 31, 2020.

1. Ffs

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sorry man, don’t watch it if it bothers you. Other people are interested.

Thanks.

3. The other people have probably watched or read one thousand suspension posts, it doesn’t bother me as I also have read or watched one thousand posts or second hand tales of suspension in the hope of something new comes along but it never does, no offence to you fella this is just the internet so just yapping away with my Guinness ...I see a bloke who likes to be on tv no matter what he has to say to get there but personally I couldn’t or wouldn’t do it ... no offence and I’m probably sloshed :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I appreciate your concern, but I have received emails from different forums of individuals asking questions, so I decide on those questions on different topics.
    This is a forum where one would go for specific interests. You may be informed on this topic but many are new or just want more information.
    There are so many discussions on this forum, some interesting and some not.
    This is what makes this forum interesting and non boring.

If I can help someone looking for information on certain things , I am glad to help.

like I said , so many topics on this forum. Since you are so well informed, don’t watch .
    Again no disrespect, but others are interested.
    Thanks.

5. No offence taken I’m generally someone who jokes around a bit like I said it’s internet etc etc...maybe change the heading from ‘new video part 2’ to yet another video of the same thing? I watched as the title drew me in ...I gave it my best shot .....smile I’m Kidding

6. Thank you, I enjoy input both positive and negative. After all, it’s the only way to learn.

FYI, I just received a text from a guy at work who said he now wants to get his suspension looked at because his bike is pushing in corners.
    This is why I feel it’s important. He’s been riding for less than a year and didn’t know about this.
    If I just had one person hear me, it’s worth every bit of my effort...

7. I don't know if it concerns you but the clutch cover is very easy to scratch with protective boots. Mine has a big stretch of black mark. I think it was due to me moving my feet when wearing boot. It was fine with sneaker. I tried several cleaner but it doesn't work so I end up repaint it. I'm getting a clutch cover protection from ducabike so my boot won't scratch it again. If you have any cleaner you can recommend to clean those marks, I would appreciate it.

8. I did recently notice that, true it’s from the boots. I will try something and get back to you about getting it off.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I just went to try to take the boot marks off but it is worn . It’s not rubber from boots like I thought.
    So yes, painting or getting a different cover would solve this.
    Let me know what your thinking of doing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nope, it's more like from the plastic cover of the ankle protection. I tried soft cleaner but nothing changed. I tried stronger cleaner which ended up peeling the paint away lol. I already had it repainted, and I'm getting this accessory so hopefully my boot won't scratch the clutch cover again. I'm still waiting for the shop to ship it together with my Bitubo shock absorber. It's a mess in Italy so who knows when the order will arrive. Anyway, check this out: https://ducabike.com/ducatiparts/en/monster-400-600-620-695-750-800/1132-cco07-clutch-cover-wet.html

11. Hey , thanks for the link. I am definitely going to check these out. So many combinations to choose from.

12. From what I can see, the protective piece doesn’t cover the lower portion of the clutch cover just above the brake. It only covers the upper portion.

13. True that. I think it's the ankle protection part of the boot that scratched the clutch cover. That part is really sticking out on my Sidi boots. And it's right in the upper clutch cover. So hopefully it will suffice. I can't seem to find another product that covers larger area anyway.

Another option is to repaint the entire clutch cover black, which would definitely keep it from scratches. The only issue is it would not match the other side aesthetically.

14. I was thinking of repainting it black but wouldn’t that eventually rub off back to silver making it look really bad?

15. I imagine you would need to strip the original paint off. It's pretty easy considering I did strip a small portion of the paint while trying to clean the scratches, using some solvents and sand papers...

16. Or just buy a black clutch cover Like the original one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That would be costly although it definitely works. Please let me know if you can find the part number for it.

18. Anyway, got the clutch cover protection from Ducabike a few days ago and got it installed. I noticed a lot of guys have their clutch cover scratched, from tiny to large scratches. I do believe this will solve my issue since the black part is covering the exact area where I scratched my clutch cover. There is still a tiny scratch near the brake lever but I guess I can let it go unless my OCD acts up. For now, it seesm better.

IMG_0917.jpg

19. Thank you for that , great idea.
    You don’t have any problems with the inside of you boot catching on it?
    Did you need to drain the oil for installation?

Do you have the link, I looked at Ducabike Motivation and cannot find it. Thank you.

#20 jose, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information