1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb, Thinking Of Buying The Ducati Diavel

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by diavel, May 7, 2018.

1. Hey guys so i currently own a kawasaki zx9r b1 1994 it weights 135kg and is very top heavy and keep droping the thing haha

but i sat on a ducati diavel the other week and it was so light and looked oh so sexy haha. but what i want to know is how reliable are these bikes, how much do services cost and can you only take them to main dealership as i am the kinda person who believes in doing my own work

also how do they handle at slow speeds around roundabouts

2. They are a brilliant bike. Search for some threads telling you so.

And welcome David.

3. That's a very light B1 at 135 Kilo's - no engine? o_O
    Welcome anyhoo :cool::upyeah:

4. I have 18k on mine with very few issues. Not sure about the roundabouts, don't have many around here.

5. haha sorry ment to say 245kg haha brain fart for a second XD, i wish it was 138kg that is super light :D, thank you for the nice warm welcome guys :D i am looking at the normal diavel instead of the XD

6. Welcome and enjoy

7. I have one for 3 years, this included sunday blasts and touring both solo and 2 up.

Issues I found were limit tire options on the rear and the rear brake suffered from air in the system. My wife love pillion, the bike is great all round, no problems with roundabouts it loved them. I fitted the sport screen and thats good for 80 mph comfort as you sit low in the bike.
    Would I buy another, yes

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have a 2011 Diavel. It's a great bike that is a lot of fun & can also be ridden more sedately with good comfort.

It handles surprisingly well. The bike is sensitive to keeping the tyre pressures correct & the handling does change as the tyres start to wear out. I ran the OEM Pirellis, but have recently switched to Michelin Power RS tyres. The handling is brilliant with the Michelins, but I couldn't honestly say if they are better than the Pirellis when they were new.

Servicing costs are certainly more reasonable than older Ducatis. My bike is fettled by Nelly at Cornerspeed & I wouldn't go anywhere else. The belts were changed at 5 years and with only 11,000 miles covered I haven't yet reached the more expensive Desmo service when the valves need checking. Newer (Gen 2) Diavels have the Desmo service at 18,000 in case you are considering a new bike.

Recommended. :upyeah:

9. Welcome along, my brother has a Diavel, and he absolutely loves it. Don't think you'll go far wrong with one of them. :cool:

10. Red one is probably the best ;)

Welcome into the mad house and don’t forget ya bins :blush::motorcycleduc:

11. Not for diavels.

12. Not for diavels.

13. Awww don’t spoil it :(

14. How about red and black and he has to buy fully red leathers, helmet, boots etc?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Carbon Black is the best , great bike , easy to handle , low revs terrible.

16. The 1198 engine is a peach. Ride the torque mountain, you'll never go back.

17. I have an X Diavel S and despite being a short arse with a distincly rotund shape I find it very easy to ride at very low speeds, street speed and high speed. Cornering is excellent and it is the only feet forward bike that I truly can get along with.
    Mine gives 55 MPG around town, and over 60mpg on a run, despite enthusiastic overtaking manouvres. Had only a few problems that up till now have been dealt with quickly by my local dealer
    Take one for a test ride and you'll be knocked out

18. The X Diavel S has much better spread of power from very low rev's but you lose out on peak torgue compared to the Diavel

19. Always had a jap bike and made the big switch. You won’t regret it. Black Diavels are best do:D

EEEF8030-0223-4A2F-9305-0D24A1210A88.jpeg

20. Swapped to a Diavel Gen 2, Carbon Red (best colour combo imho), after 20 years on sports bikes.

What a revelation.... can't say it handles like a sports bike, but not far off, but it does go like a sports bike.

Great bike, easy to ride slow or fast, always turns heads. It's a keeper for me.

Only issue in 18 months was a sticking fuel tank sender unit, swapped out under warranty. Now learnt to store the bike over winter with a full tank of fuel, and all been ok since.

Give one a try, you won't regret it.

IMG_6173.JPG

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information