1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, 916 Sp

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Spike D, Apr 23, 2019.

1. I wouldn't necessarily trust the plaques... someone tried to remove mine from the headstock but they were disturbed during the attempt. I removed it myself - which has led to some quite interesting conversations over the years. I would also take the numbers produced which are quoted with a pinch of salt having spoken directly with the factory. A lovely bike to look at and ride though... :)

2. Hello and welcome to the forum:)

3. No I mean SP with no plaque, only SP with a plaque is the SP3 - the few I saw at JHP were plaque-less so either SP1 or SP2 (like mine)

4. Got it; sorry misunderstood. :)

5. Lazza
    Mine is a SP2 1995, (or so I believe) the nose cone has been painted with a white number board and it has aftermarket carbon heel plates, an open clutch and a aftermarket screen
    I have original screen and heel plates what’s your thoughts on going back to factory. On these bits.

Spike

6. Hi Spike, Your bike is same as mine then - '95 SP2! Keep it as you like it!! I have two fairing sets - one has a white number board 'sticker' the other is plain OEM. I like both! I plan on getting another 'race' fairing set this year too without lights and in Foggy rep paint, I hope to continue tracking her for a while yet so love the race look! She's just had a full engine rebuild at JHP so shame not to use it! Only prob is engine is very shiny now - all bolts/fixings replated etc! :heart_eyes:

Yeah I tried the Carbon heel guards on mine for a while but think one broke so went back to originals. Mine isn't totally factory original - Ive an aftermarket screen too - Fabbri one which I like. I usually have the 'trackday' fairings on it coz i like the black belly pan and stickerrrss!! Open clutch with a sexy STM slipper inside, 5 spoke wheels, CRG levers, R&G bar ends - but I have all the original bits in a box somewhere! Inc the standard fairings.

IMG_0324.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don’t have the carbon airbox but otherwise would have started out the same, who else is SP owner on here?
    Spike

8. CF68E9EB-6CCB-46E7-9FCA-78B8666AF5BB.jpeg Welcome fellow SP owner!
    My SP1

• Like Like x 5
  10. Yes I’ve been in touch with Owen and he said you’d bought it.
    Good move.

11. Hi mate i have a 1995 sp2 767B84FB-B892-4323-98ED-3CFFE27FF726.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. A naked lady sitting on a mat in the entrance hallway is always going to be a hit with the postman & neighbours:):upyeah:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Looks lovely John
    Mike has been indoors this winter also

C5D025F0-287E-427E-9B13-DCE7D4B67211.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Think my 996sps is coming either in the conservatory or front room not decided yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. True brauty mate and very rare what year is she?

16. first registered October 1995 The plastics etc have june 95 stamps on

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well that was temporary as I needed a bit of room to work on another bike in the shed, but it was tempting to keep it there

• Like Like x 1
  18. I have a 916 sp engine throttles loom and ECU
    Just don't have the rest
    Been searching for Frame registered as 916 for ages.
    If it's in a a 748 frame insurance goes up 500 quid
    Before anyone asks I do not want to sell it

19. I don’t have many bits but I do have a new ecu a 916 sp chip, a slightly chopped loom set of KM clocks, aftermarket double bubble screen, and aluminium heel plates if any of that helps

20. Oh and too many swing arm pinch bolts

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information