1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie From Sydney

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by GeorgeO, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Certainly hasn’t disappointed those owners, I think it’s the historical reliability issues that’s held me back from owning one, that was the same with Ducati but now I’ve got 4 including a couple from the 90’s and barely had an issue with them, when I was deliberating over getting a duke a bike mechanic mate said “it’s not the bikes it’s the owners”, that gave me the confidence to make the move from Jap and they’ve been great, so I need to get over it and buy one I guess:)

2. ...Or you could stump up a small fortune for a new series oro...

Only $75000 in AuD. (around Euro 43k ?)
    [​IMG]

3. Yes, that’s only 35k over what I was budgeting:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Welcome George, love the collection! And that rim tape makes it faster for sure.
    Thoughts with you guys down under, shitty situation for you all

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to the Ducati forum great intro
    But alas no bins
    Hope you enjoy your multistrada as much as I enjoy mine
    Some great mods already have fun and stay safe

6. Welcome to the forum

7. Welcome from a Dragster RR owner, sold the 848SF 5 years ago but there’s still a monster in the garage & the MV owners forum is :poop: so I still lurk here cos I like the banter

hope the rains making a difference down under and welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 2
  8. Excavating an old thread here but this was so good i had to share. I found this comment on an MV Agusta forum i am on and it about sums up ones feelings for an MV

' You sit on a V-strom and think: "Nice bike, comfortable, about a hundred horse, six speed, reasonable suspension and cheap too... This bike should do everything I need it to do. This is the bike I should buy."

Then you go sit on a MV - and get an erection. '

9. Ha, I guess that says it all, could make for an uncomfortable ride though!

11. Welcome George. I have a mate in Sydney that rides a Brutale as well, he also has a BMW 1000R over here that I'm getting ready to sell for him.
    As with you he raves about the MV as well, he is also the reason why I'm waiting on the serie ono sometime this month. I'm hoping to get out to Sydney to give him shite this year. Well done on the Duc.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information