1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Multistrada Enduro

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Andy Welbourn, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    I’ve just converted to a Duke after 7 years of BMW GS ownership.
    I wanted something a little more sporty after recently riding a multistrada belomging to someone else.
    After months of contemplating many other bikes including the SX1000, I plumped for the Multistrada Enduro. The enduro was my preference as my GS was the adventure and I really like the big tank for touring, also I am 6’3” so the extra height wasn’t a problem.
    I dropped on a brand new 1200 with panniers for only slightly more than a 2 year old model, so I’m really happy.
    I’ve bolted on some radiator protectors from R&G and given her a coat of ACF50 and some polish. She just needs a reg number and some insurance and it’s 600 miles of self restraint before the first service.
    I’m really happy with the bike. It’s beautiful to look at and even with standard can sounds lovely.
    I can’t wait for a chance to get out on drier roads with my mates and go for a ride. Hopefully a European tour in Summer, fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Welcome to the forum

4. Welcome along hope you love your multistrada as much as I do mine
    But we need pictures of your bike and bins it's the forum law

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome along Andy

6. Hello welcome and good choice. If you have the touratech panniers I'd reccomend getting a spare key cut instead of using the fob key. I dropped mine and snapped the key

• Like Like x 1
  7. welcome andy, once the 621miles is done. There is a second service period to keep the engine below 7k from memory. That still means triple figure speed' enjoy

8. Welcome to the Forum Andy:upyeah:

9. Welcome fella :):upyeah:

10. I These are the only images I have of her at the moment.
    E416D0BF-3DBB-4C5F-8CF3-A30AA050846E.jpeg 6C765896-1C9E-48C6-B7D3-B72155DE5847.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Next to add a pyramid fender extender and speedo angels cover for dash.
    Won’t be doing much daily riding with boxes on so a top box will be added at some point. For now its a kriega US20 strapped to the grab rail.

12. Welcome and enjoy!

13. Typical. Today i get the documents and have insured the bike. Time to go out and play me thinks.
    No point taking the panniers, I’ll just whip them off and leave them in the garage.
    Guess what? Open the flip key, open the top lock, pannier comes off rail, and......... key snaps off.
    Bxxxxxxxx
    Ive tried to attach it back on, but so far have failed.
    Next ploy is to attach it so it’s there in an emergency but as you said, I’ve ordered some blanks from flea bay and wil

14. Your flag is upside down - that's how we tell the Scottish when they are trying to be sneaky o_O

15. Emblem Use Description
    [​IMG] Yorkshire The flag used to represent Yorkshire is a White Rose of York on a blue background. The design dates from the 1960s.[1][2] The flag was registered by the Flag Instituteon 29 July 2008 at the request of the Yorkshire Ridings Society.[2][3] The design registered by the YRS was one of three rival flag designs for Yorkshire.[4]
    [​IMG] Yorkshire Almost all Yorkshire symbolism contains the White Rose of York, which originated as the symbol of the House of York. It was later also used as a Jacobitesymbol.

16. So it is the Jockabites then :eek:
    We were told ours was upside down but our factory was in the East Riding :thinkingface: going by the below comment our North Yorks one might be upside down - I will check next week :eyes:

In Yorkshire there is a tradition of using the rose with a petal at the top in the North Riding and the West Riding but with a sepal at the top in the East Riding.

#16 Exige, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2020
  17. https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/broken-flip-out-key.63955/#post-1175045

That link should give you all the info on how I repaired mine

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hello and welcome Andy.

I don't think you will be unhappy with your new Multi. I have had mine (1260 S) for just over a month now, and can't get enough of it :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information