1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Staffordshire (updated)

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Gray84, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Hi everyone.

Been having a look around on here the last couple of days. I’m impressed with the forum and info. Good work.
    I’m 33 in Staffordshire and on the hunt for a nice white 848. Being a bit fussy of what I want.

Previous bikes include
    Various motorcross
    R6
    R1
    R1
    Aprilia SXV 650
    Crbr600rr
    Gsxr 600
    Crf250l (to calm down now I have a daughter )

But after the motorcycle live show and my dad getting a new bike I’ve got the fix. I was going to go for a naked street bike but I just love the look of sports bikes and style of riding and need to try out a Vtwin.

Soooooo

HI

2. Hey you,welcome to the forum and yes naked in the streets summer time only;):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome again :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome bloke.

6. Welcome and enjoy.

7. welcome gray84

8. Hello & Welcome Gray from a Loggerheads:)

9. Glad you’re impressed with the forum and the information it provides
    Welcome. :)

10. Hi Gray84.Welcome to the forum,great for banta and info on here.
    Ducati 848 was my 1st Ducati and white,had her for 7 years.Great to ride,turns in well and eye catching.
    Hope you find a good one.
    If you find 1 with no Termi’s, fit some.Its the Law,as is the photos on here with bins in the shot!.

11. Oh I will be fitting the cans. Always the 1st thing on my bikes.
    What is it with dukes and termi’s.?? Why not akras?
    I am a pic whore ;)
    And what’s with the bins? Lol
    How will this bike compare to a jap 600 speed and power wise?

Lots of questions.

12. Akrapovic, Slovenian.
    Termignoni, Italian.......... !!!

The bins are down to Ducbird, I believe.
    As for the difference between jap bikes and Ducati bikes,the power delivery is smoother. The engine braking,(less use of break pads ££) compared to the in line 4’s ( I know jap bikes have different configurations of engines) and just the pleasure of owning,riding and cleaning a Ducati puts a smile on my face.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well today I’ve got me a white 2011 evo. Got pazzo levers ,termignoni system and it’s on full strip down for a clean. And I mean the fairings are half off. Chains removed and in a heated garage waiting for me to go cut my knuckles. Just ordered a 14t front sprocket ,few carbon bits. K&n filter ,new Brembo pads. Double bubble screen.

Needs the side fairing painting as it’s been dropped and i need a new rear brake lever if anyone knows where I can get one?

Verdict is-

It’s quicker than I thought it would.
    Sounds better. Not in your face yet sounds awesome.
    It’s honestly the most fun bike I’ve owned I think. Only got about 70 miles out on it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information