1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Wants A 900ss

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Whysub, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Allenby rd in Southall to Holland park station in 16mins this morn on the lil monster. Better than coffee

• Like Like x 1
  2. My first Duke was a 1997 900SS. Often wondered what became of it. Should be a register somewhere where we can trace our old bikes!

3. Gear changes are slow, with constant velocity carbs, dump the standard put Kehins on, amazing throttle response MUCH better carburation with the fuel Pump and some good termi mufflers
    with Daytona cams mine went 106 hp and so torquey with carbs and exhausts would do 3rd gear power stands down hill off the throttle?
    mine was also fitted with Brembo cast iron disc, which did record some disc failures, but what brakes? loved them!

4. great bike, had one
    like cat with nine lives slow handling but stable, could find its way out of shit 9time before crashing
    Bike is vastly improved with Kehin carbs, improves throttle response and blips better so gear changing improves.
    I had iron discs Brembo, much improved the breaking, but theyhad a reputation for disc failure; mine didnt
    had reshaped combustion cambers, modified squish, and Daytona cams 106hp and ducati termi performance pipes and headers aftermarket
    bike would pull second gear off the throttle wheel-stands down hill and third gear with a small tug
    One of my favorite Ducatis , buy one really good bike with a little help; replace any original regulators with Japanese replacement

• Like Like x 2
  5. Today saw me become a Ducati owner for the first time in 43 years of owning bikes. It's a 1995 900SS and all original, just as it left the showroom, with just a bit of wear and tear from 22 years and 25,400 miles. Rides nice, feels well planted on bumpy B-roads, and brakes well. Only bad points are the hand painted engine casings (easy enough to get blasted clean and repainted properly), and the right hand mirror is very sloppy (how do I fix that?).
    Happy to keep it standard as don't see many standard bikes about, and I like the way it goes (at least after my initial 50 mile ride) and how it looks and sounds. 20170730_161210.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. nice one mate! You have to come to the super sausage next Sunday for the ss meet to show it off!
    with the mirror, if you take it off there is a screw that you can tighten ( it will be self explanatory once off).
    sometimes its flogged and a new mirror is needed.

7. had a red 1995 myself ( with flaking engine casing paint and loose mirror) - kept it for 5 years with no problems, til I fancied a 750 gsxr :upyeah:

8. you are a sick man

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sadly I'm at work next weekend, otherwise I'd be at the Super Sausage. Been there with my mate who lives about 5 miles away (and who has a 999). Mirror has definitely had it-may be able to superglue it place (which it must have been until I moved it).

10. I have seen pattern ones for sale.. You may still be able to get originals', I did but that was 12 years ago!!!

11. Taking it to the Italian Day at Brands Hatch next Sunday (13th)-originally planned to take my Guzzi, but not had the time to get new tyres fitted (they are only just past the wear markers!), then switched to my Cagiva Mito, finding out yesterday the MOT has expired and wont have time to get it tested, so the 900SS it will have to be. Ill just have enough time to clean it next Sunday morning, as so busy at work at the moment, bike time is non existant this week.

12. Taking it to the Italian Day at Brands Hatch next Sunday (13th)-originally planned to take my Guzzi, but not had the time to get new tyres fitted (they are only just past the wear markers!), then switched to my Cagiva Mito, finding out yesterday the MOT has expired and wont have time to get it tested, so the 900SS it will have to be. Ill just have enough time to clean it next Sunday morning, as so busy at work at the moment, bike time is non existant this week.

13. Lovely they are great bikes to ride :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. hi Ducbird, did you have a 900ss, great arent they?
    Bit gentle to ride? saved me from many crashes, still had 2 big ones though?

15. Hi Peter
    I had a 600 that was enough to keep me out of trouble
    It was my first big bike and I loved riding her
    Yes saved me a few times the engine breaking on these bikes is very helpful
    I did crash eventually, wrote my SS off :( at the time
    I liked the SS because of the rider input you have to ride these I tried out a multi 1000ds great bike easy to get round corners but I found it boring lol and couldn't wait to get back on my SS :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. @El Toro can you changed Peter name on here please

17. ??

18. @Peter Boswell wants to change his name have a look on my page he has asked me there how to do it :)

19. Why was he asking you?

Done any ways :)

20. Because I'm nice :) and I look like admin :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information