1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie With 939 Sp {pic}

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by TomLum, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Rock on Tommy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesome looking back enjoy the forum need pictures of your bins to keep all on here happy

3. Awww no!! o_O You forgot your bin pics it’s a newbie rule and it makes me happy :)

Welcome partly into our mad house

4. Sourced a Race seat from my local Ducati. £150 bargain!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi, nice steed, See if you fancy adventure spec double take mirrors. Quite small but very neat and I find I can see under my arms to give quite a good view for overtaking rather than getting the usual view of my shoulders with most normal mirrors.

6. Great fun machine, welcome aboard!

7. So I ended up buying the MotoGadget Bullet bar mirrors. Little skeptical when I saw the price but after getting them and fitting I love them. Little to no vibration when riding with great visibility in this location.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice bike.
    Welcome.

9. Seat and mirror will be going up for sale shortly. Was on the bike for approx 100 miles. Bike has unfortunately gone back due to a fault.

10. 939 Hyper owner, so interested to know what was wrong with the bike. Also, what was it about the race seat that was 'better'?
    Cheers

11. Race seat transformed the bike for me! Its alot flatter rather than the v shaped stock seat so you can move around on the seat a lot more. Made it 100% more comfortable and fun on an enthusiastic ride.

Bike had a slight hesitation low down in the revs, would sometimes splutter and backfire before it got going. Ducati had the bike for several weeks and unable to resolve so gave it back.

12. Thanks - useful. Might be interested in the seat as I do find the seat a bit 'snug'. Shame Ducati couldn't sort the spluttering - doesn't say much for their diagnostic expertise... That appears to be limited to swapping modules instead of technical insight knowledge, insight & experience.
    That's not limited to Ducati tho'!
    Cheers

13. Was bar far the best upgrade I purchased, made the bike a lot more enjoyable to ride, especially for me being a taller rider. Also looks great compared to stock! I paid £260 from Ducati.

Yeah, was a real shame they couldn't fix it. They replaced a lot of parts and took a lot of data from the laptop and sent to Ducati HQ but after several weeks Id had enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. My discomfort level is more in the £100-150 region, not £260:) Useful though...

15. Thanks to those that messaged me. Seat is now sold

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information