1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Newly Purchased 748 Sp

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Greg369, Mar 20, 2018.

1. View attachment 112897 View attachment 112897 Just purchased a 748SP for a decent price although it needs a little work......clutch slave has had a dump and ruined the engine paint, rear ohlins spring paint is flaking off and various other cosmetic issues to deal with! Bike has a genuine 10000kms on the clock and a load of paperwork with it, last year had a full service including belts at Ducati which was seemingly in the religion of a grand. Working away at the minute so only briefly saw the bike Sunday fired it up and gave it a quick once over......then shook hands on it!
    Will upload more pictures hopefully this weekend of it and maybe some bins! P.s it’s not the little one!
    I’ve already got an 848 corse SE and like the way that rides so hopefully this new toy will be a nice little project to mint up back to standard so I can enjoy it.
    I will be grateful for any advice and answered questions as I’m sure I’ll have a few stripping the bike down and cleaning it up!

0CF06A71-FEA9-4F48-AEB2-8352BE54D3B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Lurverly. :heart_eyes:

I see @El Toro came round on his to take a look. :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. you said kms, is that an import?

How many left says there are only 3 SP's on the road and 8 sorn, so very exclusive club.

4. Not too sure as I don’t have the log book or looked into the detail, bike looks genuine enough just a bit ‘tatty’ hopefully it’ll tidy up.
    Will update on the info when I get it all!
    Cheers!

5. Looks nice - fingers crossed

6. Wel done.
    A early yellow 748sp is something i still would like to have as well.

Henk!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Lovely bike, the bike I regret selling the most was an sp, for£2300 late 2009. German copper drove all the way to South Wales to collect it

8. I should be getting it in the garage within the next few days, I paid 5k for it even though it needs a fair bit of cosmetic work to get it back to mint original condition...... hopefully will be worth all the effort!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Finally got the bike back and here’s some photos (bin included) as you can see it’s going to take a fair bit of work to get it back to mint and standard!

10. Greg, I've just spotted a major problem with your new purchase. If you look very carefully you'll see that...................................its yellow.
    ok ok I'll get my coat....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. I know! If they came in red I may be tempted to swap the paint, although it looks like the side fairings used to be red but they are damaged so I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for replacements

12. I think all yellow 748’s where red first.
    Keep it yellow,it looks great.

Henk!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. The other think I’m I bit confused over is that it has a wet clutch?

14. Don't think it's a wet clutch, you have the standard cover on there.
    Steve

15. Ah yes......DOH!

16. You can remove that cover and save it, then fit a nice open cover to let the rattle out.
    Steve

17. That’s going to be the plan! Although I’ve got a fair bit of stripping down and painting to have done before I can enjoy that : unamused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. The 748sp only came in yellow with white seat number board. My sp was original but you could see the the fairings had originally been red. Rumours abound from that period, with a parts bin mentality, if they ran out of a fairing in the right colour, they just repainted what they’d got in stock rather than make more of the right colour. Andy

19. Henk is right, all panels were painted red first, yellows were resprayed later.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information