1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Bike?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Apr 22, 2017.

1. The LC8 (990/950) KTM V twins are strong and fairly simple. They rev like two strokes and they do use a little oil by design but they thrive on being thrashed as long as they're properly maintained. Service intervals are a bit short (4500 miles) but they're DIY-friendly and not too expensive at dealers. Good oil and regular servicing and they're as tough as old boots. And just about every nut, bolt and washer is available as a spare. You could pretty much buy everything to build a whole bike through the parts dept at a dealer. And spares are generally cheaper than most Japanese and European marques.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Rode with 2 guys riding Superdukes today and both have had shed loads of problems from new. Some minor like paint wearing off, bare aluminium corroding to dead displays and radiator leaks. Sound familiar ? Andy

3. Thing is, if I'm going to spend 6500 for a 2007 SD, I may as well spend the same on a 10 plate tuono or an 848 SF

4. 6.5K is very high. That's a nice late model SD. You should get a decent 07 for under 5.
    KTM SUPER DUKE 999cc
    Well under if its a private sale in winter.

A Superduke would be cheaper to maintain as a track bike than a Streetfighter. Probably cheaper than a Tuono too. And woukld almost certainly cope with it for far longer before it empties your pockets.
    Both the SF and the Tuono would make excellent track bikes too though.

5. Ebay suggests anything R is a lot more.

6. Been out on the 848 street fighter today for a few hours, and like usual, still smiling hours later, just buy one, you will not regret it! Has to be red obviously lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Had 2 848's and loved them :) If found the right one, likely that would be the bike

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. my k2 ?? good mods, cheap and you could have some money left to tune or fit some more goodies maybe mate??

9. 999 is comfy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

10. Bad workman blames his tools ;)

11. Tell that to the bloke building the fourth bridge with a bucket and spade ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Good workmen always use quality tools

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. And this workman can't fit on a 999 ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I do indeed have a 990 SuperDuke - not the R version though, but it has been blinged-up somewhat with carbon wheels, titanium Akra full system, Rizoma rear-sets and Harris levers.

It's a great bike but doesn't get used much so I'm either going to sell it or sell my 848 track bike and start using the SuperDuke instead as it's cheaper to service.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nah - thats a gen3 - a really mucky one at that...he could have put some effort in!!

Gen 4 has a better front end (Larger diameter BPF forks) and much more of a feature set in the ecu to take advantage of. Having said that i thought mine was extreme but found a lad on you tube that has fitted FGR forks and M7r wheels to his!

Z1000 is the best alround bike ive ever had...ive got 4 bikes at the moment if i had to loose 3 and keep one that'd be it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice pegs.

17. Wont matter once I've scraped them to bits ;)

18. Great but if you're going to track it you'll be looking at valve clearances every 8k or so.... Between 4 and 800 a pop expending on how much prep work you do... That's why I love the zed... Minimal servicing that I can do myself...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information