1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next Bond? Spoiler Alert

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yellowducmaniac, Oct 7, 2021.

1. I think he is the bald bloke who does some stand in work on Bake Off.

2. yer man from outlander has shown an interest in the past.

3. I thought Tom Hardy

4. Damien Lewis maybe

• Like Like x 2
  5. Idris Elba? Give me a fucking break, not only can he not act he is emmm....the wrong colour; let him play Bond when a white man is cast in the role of Kunta Kinte in Roots, because if its good for the goose its good for the gander. Bond was Scottish/Swiss, white and went to my old school in Edinburgh. Enough of the PC revisionist pish already!

Lets just make him a cross dressing LGBTQFRIBR PC right on dafty shall we, and drive a stake through the franchise heart? Lets get him to "talk it through" with "stakeholders" so we can "deep dive" "our concerns" "moving forward" and fill out the SWD form in triplicate before he drives the ice pick into the villains eye!

The producers aren't that stupid, you don't kill the goose that lays your golden egg, bearing in mind that Bond is shown throughout the World, not just to right on, left-wing London metro-sexuals, the vast majority of whom just don't give a monkey's about our first World concerns and just want a good night out at the flicks, just like the rest of us.

My work here is done. Have I offended enough people yet? I can go on....

And you got two, thats 2, goose references.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. He's already done it
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are you just writing your secret crush list Viv?

8. Maybe “No Time to Die” is the end of an era? Or maybe it’s the beginning of a new way of doing things?

First option is a new actor playing Bond. Perhaps "James Bond" is just a code name, and a new actor takes the role on. That would mean that Ralph Fiennes (M), Ben Whishaw (Q), Naomi Harris (Moneypenny), and Lashana Lynch (007) remain in their roles and we get more of the same.

Option two is that the franchise could keep the same Q, M, and Moneypenny, but simply cast a new Bond regardless of sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc. The new Bond would be surrounded by familiar characters, but the world in which they operate is completely new. Let’s face it that's what has happened every other time a new Bond has been introduced, and “nobody has noticed” so why not now?

Alternatively cast a new Bond, and all the supporting roles of Q, M, and Moneypenny and perhaps start from scratch. A young, new recruit to the service Bond, who's in training and then the producers can build up the franchise again for the next 50 years entertainment.

:)

9. Maybe :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. A woman!? Did you not read my rant above? The character is a man, end of. It can be played by a woman when Jane Ayre is played by a man.

• Like Like x 1
  11. With a name like 'James ' I don't see how it can be a female, but then again in these strange times anything is possible.

12. Bond can't be a woman. You have to keep to some resemblance of the original writing and ethos. You can make him black, white, whatever creed you like as long as Englishman. Next sex appeal: again as long as he appeals to both it would work. But make him just gay and it wont.

And Bond is a new Bond each time. They occasionally refer to him being married twice or whatever but that whole history seems lost in the latest editions. I mean, imagine how many times you'd talk about Jaws and going to space in very movie over a Martini?!

13. BTW if they want a female Bond, make it its own spin off. Worked for Marvel etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Its seems the makers like the character to be played by the same actor for some time. The actor then becomes known as James Bond and their other acting opportunities reduce. Most top flight well known actors don't want that imo.

Far more likely to be someone not well known.

15. The geezer who was in the bodyguard ( tv series ) , or the one in Poldark .

16. No time to die production budget of $250-301 million if they get it wrong it’s going to smart a bit.

17. Dan Stevens maybe

18. I doubt it'd happen after all the uproar with Dr Who.

19. I prefer Jodie Whittaker as Dr Who. Barmy and cute too :)

20. Does there have to be another Bond ? It’s just a money spinning , product advertising show piece now surely ?
    Not trying to upset the die hard fans but I prefer mission impossible to be honest. A lot more exciting and there are some great bike scenes

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information