1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Nice Muffs?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by EddieDeguello, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Got caught in snowy weather a couple of weeks ago. I've got a pair of winter gloves. home about an hour later, and I actually though id broken my thumbs. Could hardly turn the key in the door. Passes in a few minutes though.

2. There was a US product called Hippo Hands with windows for the indicators. However it seems that these are no longer in production for some reason...

3. Oh, yeah, baby... that's what I'm talking about. Look at that nice furry muff... doesn't that just look so inviting, just makes you want to slide your hand right in there?

Summer gloves tomorrow, I think. :Happy:
    IMG_20150217_213441.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. ... and I know it was particularly mild this morning, but I almost had to turn off the heated grips!

Maybe should have gone for the R360 muffs instead of the R361, which are designed for bikes without bar ends, but I think putting some bar end weights on will keep the muff in place better.

5. Hmm, practical, but not for me...

I remember a mechanic once telling me a story about a guy who couldn't figure out why his bike was running badly and the engine slipping after fitting some muffs, and that there was a smell from the front wheel.

Apparently they finally worked out that when he rode faster the air pressure was pushing the muff onto the brake and clutch levers....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Well, sure, that's something to watch out for, and that's why I'm quite picky about the muffs I choose. ;-)

The ones I've got have an internal rigid insert which should prevent that happening.
    NEOPRENE HAND GRIP COVERS WITH BAR END WEIGHTS - Tucano Urbano

7. Whilst i like my Rukka Argosaurus, bought almost especially for the MTS, I much prefer the summer gloves inside the Toucano muffs on my F800GS. Now I have seen these I maybe tempted next autumn.

8. These would be the ultimate in luxury, but a mate who's got some reckons there's no way they'd fit on his MTS.
    Bagster Heated Box'R Muffs at Helmet City

9. I am so disappointed in this thread, a discussion on cold hands was not what I was expecting!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think it was a close run thing for a minute - but maybe the words don't translate the same around the globe?

11. Oooo they look toasty
    I want to put my hand in :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Was hoping to find a solution to the bar muff question in here but seems like everyone just tapes up guards or wears thicker gloves

As the winter is drawing in again and I like the muffs I had on the GS1150 for winter riding I wondered if I would get them to fit on the Multistrada as the handguards also contain the front indicators. Believe they are the R319 model, but muggins cut out the label as it flapped about and annoyed my tidy gene

Just offered them up and while not perfect due to the brake and clutch reservoir mounts but I reckon they could be made to fit but only by mounting them behind the handguards as they wont go over them and I still want working indicators.

I'll update when it gets cold enough to need to fit them as its still way too mild weather

13. ... apart from the people that use muffs, of course. I think I've posted the link for the ones I've got at least twice in this thread, but here we are again:
    NEOPRENE HAND GRIP COVERS WITH BAR END WEIGHTS - Tucano Urbano

I see they've got a couple of newer models listed here, too:
    Handgrip Covers, Scooter Hand Covers - Tucano Urbano

I had some R319s on my Elefant that I tried for size on the Multistrada, but it didn't seem like there was enough room to squeeze them in behind the handguards. I prefer the way the new ones fit anyway, as they let air get to the lever pivots, rather than trapping all the salty moisture.

I've lent mine to somebody so he can try them out on his bike before the weather gets properly cold. I'll be pinching them back once it does.

14. Apologies Eddie, I did see your posts and the Neoprene muffs you managed to get to fit. I was referring to those all around your posts as you were the only one that seems to have got a solution to fit but as you were the one posting the original thread question I took that as a given I had read your postsas I am asking a similar question .

I had a pair of the neoprene ones some time ago and really didn't get on with them so i'll let you know if I get the 319's to fit as I also found the spacers they sent me that I have never used and they seem to position them "sort of" correctly behind the handguards

I see it as a challenge rather than shell out for new ones....I have a trip to Scotland next week then a week in Turkey so will have a proper look at fitting when I get back ;)

15. Don't worry, I was just making sure you hadn't missed anything!

I don't remember getting spacers with my 319s, but it was a long time ago. I sold them last year some time, but I bet the spacers are probably still in a bag on my workbench somewhere.

16. Just got mine out, think this is the fourth year they have been fitted. Its still barely cold enough but the last two weekends I have ridden more than my paltry commute it has chucked it down.

Dry warm hands tomorrow

17. With the impending forecast and the fact I got the keys to a garage today (finally after years of cleaning and working on bikes in the front garden) I gave the bike a decent clean up and got the bag of muffs out of the shed to see if I could make them fit as they are the ones designed to go over handguards on my old GS1150

first off I thought i had the 319's, i didn't, i have the newer ones that are the R323's doh

[​IMG]

once they were offered up they wouldn't sit correctly so I fitted the spacers that came with the muffs which gave the correct positioning

[​IMG]

Both muffs went behind the hand guards but had to go round the reservoirs for the brake and clutch which would normally be under the muff itself but that would also hide the indicators ....bit of pulling about and cable ties seem to have sorted the position

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Once that was all done and a bit of tidying up I reckon its not a bad fit. I can still get to all the controls and switches and the hand guards should prevent the muffs being pushed onto the levers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I may have a couple of small spots that will let a draught through but will find out once I get a chance to test it over the next couple of days

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information