1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Nice Muffs?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by EddieDeguello, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Is this on an MTS ?

2. I thought the pictures of the bike kinda gave it away that it was a multistrada :D

I know its not red but its still a Ducati MTS 1200, 2013 GT model to be specific

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I can see its a Multistrada, I was just not sure if it was a DVT or MTS, thanks for clarifying.

4. So test ride today ..... went out and done 20 miles in 4 deg temps wearing vented summer race gloves and no heated grips to show up any draughts as soon as possible.

Right bar was spot on, no draughts and no cold spots, left one had air blowing clean through and the bar muff was visibly blown up at 80 mph ...back to home and changed the positioning to cut down the draught and also taped up the holes on the hand guard with insulation tape (kids have nicked and lost my roll of gaffa tape )

Will see how it feels on 50 mile commute tomorrow as it will be feckin cold at 7 am :)

5. Isn't MTS just Multistrada or have I been missing out on this acronym for years?

6. I thought the same but as a n00b just answered the question ;)

7. Yes, polar explorers remove their gloves and put their hands in ice.

No actually, they don't do that at all, lolz

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. So, 50 miles today in freezing tempratures with 1 degree showing on the way in and 3 degrees showing on the way back.

No draughts, summer gloves and no need for heated grips .....excellent

Only slight issue is I need to make a conscious movement to get to the full/dip switch rather then just flick the index finger forward as the fit is tight but both brake and clutch lever are free and can push them both forward inside the muffs easily so no fouling and that was at 3 figure speeds so no wind pressure affecting them as I re did the taping and used proper Duct tape.

I can easily get to all the menu and function switches on the left cluster and only hit the horn button once by mistake instead of the indicators.....coming from a GS1150 that's a common occurrence :D

All in all successful fit and should make the winter commute easier methinks :)

(might have to play with the DTS though as wheelspin at 75 off a roundabout and the DTS letting it spin in Sport mode got my attention when it started moving from side to side as I didn't think I was actually that hard on the throttle )

• Like Like x 1
  9. Out today doing some chores on the multi & it was cold. Although I don't mind using winter gloves I'm going to try out the Tucano Urbano R323 on my enduro. Got a beaten up pair for my bmw-f8gs & they work very well at reducing sore fingers.

Having browsed nippy-normans decided on the tucano-urbano handlebar muffs for the R1200GS/Adv/GS lc & more as they come with plastic windows for the controls. Hope they fit!

#50 GunZenBomZ, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  10. They'd wick the wet & snow into the interior as they are not air-tight so too speak. Webbikeworld does some good reviews. The tucano ones are effectively a tube with a single hole, so the air inside remains static.

The mutli-handguards create vortexes above & below them causing fingers to get numb quite quickly imho in cold weather.

11. You tried them yet??

12. The review doesn't mention that they are waterproof.
    I held some in my hand yesterday and they are quite stiff, to prevent flattening from wind blast, and appear to be nicely made.
    I would class them as "super wind deflectors" a step up from the oem fitted wind deflectors.

13. Or these...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. And yet another misleading thread title.....
    I thought we had a readers wives section going.

15. @Exige - - - - let's get it over with...

16. They should be arriving today but I won't add them till the weekend most likely.

17. Funnily enough one of my ex chicks sent me a picture of her tits at midnight last night - just as I was going to sleep o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information