1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Nitron Rear Shock

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Cormark, Apr 13, 2018.

1. So my Nitron rear shock finally arrived today ! So I fitted it and went for a quick blast ....huge difference Nitron should be selling these by the boat load ! 20180413_155702.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sadly as a small independant manufacturer they are caught between a rock and a hard place. Keep small, make bespoke hand built units to order that are excellent or tool up and try and compete with the likes of Ohlins or Showa in the mass market. When Showa is owned by Honda and Ohlins by Yamaha, the big boys play hard ball. KTech have come a long way in racing but mot sure if any manufacturer fits them as standard. Andy

3. Well it was a long wait I ordered on Feb 26th but even though I've only just fitted it and done hand full of miles it feels great and the quality/craftsmanship of the build makes it worth every penny + any problems they are only 25 miles from me lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. I see there are two Nitron models for the rear shock for the XDiavel on their website, which one did you go for?

What are the key differences compared to stock? On our potholed roads you sometimes feel it right through your back. It will be interesting to see how you get on after you have done a few more miles on varied roads.

#4 DavidD, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. I really rate nitron, great stuff at affordable prices.

6. Interesting. How much cash are we looking at?

7. Yep....got an r3 on my z1000 and a race pro on my rsv4 factory (better than the OEM ohlins). The only reason they hyper doesnt have one is they don't offer one for it...considering a mupo for the hyper later down the line...

• Like Like x 1
  8. I added 3 full turns to the rear preload today and it was much better with my wife on the back. Still a bit too soft though I would say.
    I don’t mind laying out £600 odd if it makes it much better.
    Would like to hear from Cormark if you take a pilion as to what the improvement is.

9. Had my first run out on it sat with the other half was going to make some tweaks to it for the the return journey but forgot the adjuster for preload doh ...
    So first impressions, dry roads on the way out with a mate on his harley and OH pillion so not pushing it Still harsh on the big stuff i.e. pot holes I could feel OH having to readjust after some of the bigger hits, however far better feel from my perspective ....now bear in mind settings !
    I placed the order with me at 80kg and pillion occasional use at 65-70kg and when I rode it solo found it may need a bit of extra preload but left it at stock settings because it realy highlighted the front ends short comings so spent a bit time adjusting them !
    Also we went touring on it last year and decided to fit a stronger spring from ollins to the rear shock to cope 2 up with full luggage so that may skew my opinion some what as that spring has been left on till the nitron unit was fitted!
    On the way home it rained ...not to heavy but wet roads after a dry period at this time of year means greasy roads (30 years of doing accident recovery ...trust me I know) so I was a bit nervous for the return journey and that's when I realised the money had been well spent, 2up wet roads I had sooooo much more feel from the rear it was like night and day ! I am absolutely confident that once I've had some time setting this nitron unit up it will be money well spent....
    Only down side is I bought a supersport s at Xmas and have a planned tour of Belgium coming up in 6 weeks so me and OH are just trying to get time In on that bike before we go .....need to work out where to pack hair straighteners ect so xd time will be limited till then but will post as I find better settings for me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Sounds pretty good then. Up until I increased the preload, my OH said she would not go on the bike again. She was actually shouting in pain when we hit bumps.
    I think it was actually bottoming out the rear on bumps. It was much improved today but still a bit soft. I’ve given it another full turn and will try again.
    If I go for the nitron, I may go mainly pilion. I’m a bit worried it may be too hard when solo tho.
    I may call nitron tomorrow and discuss.

11. Now you’ve had the Nitron shock for a while, have you longer-term feedback?

12. Yeah - it been on there for about 5 years now (ish) i ride it all weathers (and the bike get cleaned regularly) - ive had no issues atall. Ill take some close up pics later - theres literally one fixing thats a bit corroded, The powedercoating on the spring is fine (no Peeling). I will be buying Nitron again for my late fathers 400/4 (twin rears) - ive got the pro cartridges in the front of the z - again no issues. Had the suspension setup on the zed just before the TT now its perfect for me....all in all more than happy.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. If you want ill take some close up pics of it later on...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Totally forgot...they're not great..in the garage against the wall....

20230810_222020.jpg 20230810_222011.jpg 20230810_221945.jpg 20230810_221939.jpg 20230810_221918.jpg 20230810_221840.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Sorry ....my apologies...you weren't asking me but they're you go....5 year old shock used in all weathers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. The Nitron shock is compelling :upyeah:

However, the big question is … is Nitron Blue or Titanium Black the better colour?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information