1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nix 30's & Yokes.

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by comfysofa, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Not sure which way this is gonig to go but thought id put it up all the same. Ordered some showa upgraded NiX30 forks for my rsv4 a few months back....took 6 weeks to turn up then got bent over by customs to the tiune of 300 quid making my cheap set of nix's..not so cheap. Anyway after stripping the whole front off to change them then found out they didnt fit....the ohlins that came off were 53mm the showa's 50mm for that extra kick in the teeth. One of those things were you think - no one probably said this cos everyone knew that...(apart from me)

So, ive successfully managed to make a couple of sleeves up (1.5mm thick ) to fill the gap meaning i can keep my ohlins based yokes and accomodate the showas (just in case ohlins go back in for whatever reason)

Temporary sleeves as one of the lads on here hopefully should be able, make me some nice ones with a knurled top so they drop right in.....

Quite chuffed with myself. Plus i can now flog the old ohlins to go towards these..
    20200628_153657.jpg 20200628_154626.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Ducati Corse, 30mm offset magnesium triple clamps were originally supplied with a set of 3 pairs of sleeves to make up the difference between manufacturer’s fork diameters with, I believe, Ohlins being the largest. Well done. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I make them with a little lip on the top to stop them dropping through.
    20200218_120303.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Changed the thread title....Went out earlier on for a quick blat around the edge of Bristol. Now, first and foremost off the bat...im no hardcore racer, never even been on a track (apart from the TT every year but thats it). Plus, on top of that, im (im pretty sure) total shit at trying to turn into words what im feeling when it comes to suspension.

First impressions are.....plush/damped....not sure how to say it but, mid corner on a nice big roundabout that i use as my benchmark (top of the M32 underneath the M4) - nice big one with 3 lanes nice and flat with an ever-so-slight camber, couple of small ripples round it as well...

Going round said roundabout, lent over as far as i would with (not togged up in full leathers, just my jeans boots and leather jacket) id say confidence is the only word that springs to mind - mid corner it hit the ripple (that i know about) and thought "thats not going anywhere...." bike totally stable. When i got home id gone further over on that tyre than i had done before and it didnt seem like it...

I set the sag with my slacker tool, but stopped a couple of times to change the rear ride height i think i might be a tad low so wind it on a couple of turns later on (on it tomorrow to go to work)

Ill still go to MH Racing and get it set up as i think my preload and compression are a little mismatched between front and rear.....

On the whole im really pleased.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Those are the same as the ones in my bottom yoke. It’s the top yokes which are the problem for mine. I think the diameter difference is either 1 or .5mm and fitting them in is a nightmare.

6. Just to add to this thread when they turned up the previous owner did say they would need and oil change so i used some 5w oil...what i had in the cupboard at the time....anyone else running NiX30's here and what oil do they use??

7. how much does one charge for such things?

8. If you need to ask :D

9. well you know... politeness and all that!
    I'm in need of some you see...
    We likes them precious.. we likes them..
    to sleeve a 56mm bottom yoke to fit a 53mm forkses precious...

10. I know - i pm'd within about 30 seconds...a million times better than my shit arsed attempt but they do the job for the moment...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information