1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nl Stolen Bikes

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by bradders, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Oh fuck, that’ll do it. Stressful for all victims. I’ve had bitter experience.

But same here. I always meet the truck prior to offload. This is the shitty year that keeps on giving....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nope ... still out of touch!

The bike on their respective stillage got returned in the trucks to their base where they get unloaded and spread out across the yard ready for collection
    On Collection day you turn up and are not allowed in until the lady in charge says so

it would appear at the time of the theft the stillages were somewhere in the process of being unloaded.
    So offenders would of had to select and unload the swag of their choice

3. I’ve never had that. Always been there when truck arrived so stillages dropped and bikes picked up. That was hathaways, don’t know if they still use them.

Guess some come later, so they put them in the warehouse in case, but surely if they have been nicked it won’t have been while normal punters were picking their bikes up?! Or when the fella was unloading a team of scumbags were going round taking what they like?

4. Seems one of the stolen bikes owners has tracked his own bike. 3 bikes and a load of gear have been found. Perhaps plod should recruit this resourceful fellow to help find the other bikes?

• Like Like x 1
  5. All it takes is for someone to understand ‘the system’

as said - sitting duck and hopefully a learning curve for all transport and trackday companies.

Anyone who thinks criminals on the whole are stupid is very stupid

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Then why bring it up 'on good authority' ?

Maybe stick to instructing eh ?

7. Why not ? Minimal loss for all concerned, flights can be re-booked for minimum cost and gives NL a chance at survival.

I'd trust NL with my money a million years before FE and others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cancelling anything will knock confidence, and cancelling 4 events more so. Plans may have been built around it, and some stress more over these things than others. Plus many may not be able to change/cancel flights without cost.

But its been an odd year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. That would be a great result ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Because 4 events have just been cancelled.
    The amount of loss and inconvenience can only be judged by the individuals subject to the change. There will be other factors, attitude and/or affordability to putting money at risk (another voucher or another case for visa to chase), inconvenience, convenience of the original dates (school holidays).

11. Have you been to the yard?

12. cat.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Looks like my lid has been found.
    upload_2020-9-25_12-27-32.png

• Like Like x 6
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. I don't know which bikes, my mates R6 wasn't among them.

15. Sorry to hear this :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Surely its just time (and a few whacks around the gut with a heavy book ;) ) away from plod finding the rest of the stuff??!

17. Well it appears I too am a victim of these coonts!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Nope a mate went to look at his damage and emailed me a video of mine

#58 andyb, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2020
  19. Bad times. Have they found yours then?

20. Old adage “turnover is vanity, cashflow is sanity” cash flow is king!

#60 Nigel Machin, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information