1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No 400 SS Juniors ?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by tricolore, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Not just tyred, then?

2. Just taxing :)

3. Someone needs to rectifier.........

4. alternating from one fault to another.

5. Not somewhere warm and sunny then!!

6. Hi I saw you were talking about the 400 ss, got 1 for sale if your interested only 40 to 50 miles on the clock 92 reg. Brought from Dealer in Stoke On Trent.
    Never been ridden basically brand new.

#66 DaveH, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  7. Got any pictures Dave ? Was that Greens in Stoke :confused:

8. Yes its from Greens of Longton, Stoke on Trent, sorry aint got no pics at the mo, when the bike was bought my brother n law stripped it down to sand blast it and do it in his own choice of colours, but never got round to doin it, so it is a original colour , parts, Engine Brand new, basically the bike is shop new, but stripped down, take some pics later and post them 4 u if that's ok. Still got it in my shed if anyones interested. 15 04 2018

#68 DaveH, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. Thanks Dave but I wasn't aware it's in bits.....not something I'd be interested in at the moment.

10. being in bits doesnt bother me what sort of money are you looking for?pm me if you prefer

11. I have a 91 Ducati 400 desmo ss jr for sale, if anyone wants to make offers.. 10,000 miles, mint cond

image.jpg

12. That's the same as mine, but I got it from Belfast.

13. Hi all, sorry to drag up an old thread but thought I'd keep things relevant.

I have a yellow 400ss that is a partial runner, I believe it has some issues with the carb as it can sometimes cut out whilst riding and won't start again until cooled.
    It also has an issue that if it's warm you have to remove the air filter before it will fire up properly.

I'm looking for any advice as to what the issue might be but also if anyone is in the market for buying.

IMG_0865.JPG

14. Very nice, I have sent you a PM. It was always a big ask to get the little 400 to run on the 38 mm Mikunis - same as it's bigger relatives and overall it does admirably well considering, but there was always a chance that it would suffer from 'rich' related problems if out of adjustment. of course it could be so many things as usual, but in particular with regard to rich running the following: – main needles and jets worn or distorted:choke sticking on on one or both carburettors/float level(s) set too high, could even be that someone has fitted whole carbs or possibly primary/main jets etc destined for bigger engined models as they are more easily available.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information