1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT No Central Stand And No Front Paddock Stand. How To Do It?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rover, Jun 12, 2019.

1. The savings come from not having to go to the dealer to get the wheels off the bike and change the tires.
    This is where having the ability to get the bike off the ground to remove the wheels yourself pays for itself.
    For the dealer to remove both wheels off the bike and replace the tires is a two hours (ish) job at $125 /hour.
    Moreover, tires are usually more expensive at the dealer. Mine charges considerably more in fact.
    My accessories dealer (where I purchase tires) charges $7 to mount and balance a tire when purchased there.
    It doesn't take long for that difference in price to pay for stands. Plus the practicality of having them for storage and maintenance.

#41 DarR, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Bugger! The head stock paddock stand arrived today. Can't use it. The pin is 0.8mm bigger on its diameter and won't go into the slot. As I didn't have problem with the rear one in the past, came perfect fit for the rear wheel, I just trusted this time. Had a overlook at the slot at the front and measured roughly 28mm with a scale. When saw the size stated on their website (28.5mm) I just believed would fit. The actual size I measured today with a caliper is 27.7mm.
    Need to find someone to turn it down.
    I wrote to them explaining but I doubt they will do something as the size is clearly stated on their page. (Despite they say "perfect fit pins for each model": unamused:).

3. Worth asking, mine came with a variety of sizes so they may be able to swap it for a smaller one :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. @Rover
    If you bought the right stand according to their documentation, I'd contact them for them to send you the part that fits.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They have just replied apologising for the inconvenience and sending a new 27mm pin.
    And I have just found a workshop in a customer who let me use his lathe to turn the first pin diameter down, so will have a spare if someone needs.

6. Only up to 5kg, remember... ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information