1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Idea What Next!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Pocket rocket 250 stroker,same thrills less top speed better corner speed no rider AIDS which means you actually have to be able to ride the bike well to get results,better satisfaction! IMO?

2. So..... 848 it is then Bradders :)

3. Unless it's under 6k it's no good lol

4. 120 kg rider doesn't suit quite such a small bike

5. If it were me choosing a 'new' bike for track work I'd go for something like a jap 600 or 1000, preferably with a spare set of wheels, and priced around the 2K-3K range, white plastics etc basic as.

That way I wouldn't care too much if it barrel-rolled into the scenery as the total bike replacement cost is less than a decent set of forks.

I'd do it this way as I'd be much more inclined to actually use the bike as intended at the track instead of worrying about the cost of a big off!

Fwiw I got completely trounced by a racer on old R6 on Tuesday - despite him having around 30RWHP less than my bike, true my rear was sliding all over the show and cold tearing itself to bits but I doubt I woulda stayed with him regardless.

As they say - it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog that matters!

6. Go try the superduke. :cool:

7. If you have a 6k budget a K8 onwards 750 would be a good shout. Very capable easy bike to ride fast.
    I had a K7 and a K8 and loved them both. I raced the 750 in the 1000 class and was never embarrassed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [QUOTE="Air Duck, post: 936593, member: 28225"

Fwiw I got completely trounced by a racer on old R6 on Tuesday - despite him having around 30RWHP less than my bike, true my rear was sliding all over the show and cold tearing itself to bits but I doubt I woulda stayed with him regardless.

As they say - it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog that matters![/QUOTE]
    Decent rider will get an old R6 around Cadwell in 1'33s ish....

My initial thought was sub £3k but tbh it's all about miles, and they have plenty by then. Am watching a ZX6R that's around 4K right now, 2010, 8k miles all standard.

Although I'd have probably been just as happy buying that blade for 2k with 18k on the clock

And having had two track bikes, both having been nothing but problems, I'm going to offset the better bike (updated suspension etc) and go road bike instead

#48 bradders, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. I like the Blade that the Performance Bikes crew have renovated and got going quicker around Donnington than all the new bikes, says a lot. It's contrived in that even Rutter isn't going to blat brand new road bikes like he would an old thrasher but it's still eye opening.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information