1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Limits To Australia, Malaysia, Japan Etc.....

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 13, 2019.

1. I spoke to them, a woman who was literally, holding a baby. They are figuring out prices without bike transport and I'm checking my work commitments then all good to go. Thanks for the heads up!

2. I've been lucky enough to have the Yamaha/BMW race bike and the Ducati as my track bike for the last few years so I was able to have it en route for the five months. Phillip Island was 100% worth all the hassle and cost. The only trip we've had that matched it was the Italian GP we did to Imola and Mugello the year before last and the more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards Phillip Island as the best track to ride over anything else.

Pacedayz are awesome, we try to do every one of their trips. They are particularly good for people that are pretty quick since they are used as test days by lots of racers and pros. There are not so many novices but the groups are half the size of the usual trackday operators so it's not a problem. There's usually 20-30 riders per group with most sessions considerably less on track.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Probably Tracey

4. Suzuka

5. I really want to do Suzuka , just not sure about the temperature st that time of year?

6. One of the features I really like about Tracksense are the transponders and live timing screens. It really does inject a bit of fun. Especially if there's a few of you. But Tracksense are a little restricted events wise.

7. I am in....

• Like Like x 1
  8. The lies that go on in this forum
    :bucktooth:

9. Bikes are away at a time that most aren't doing euro events and many have swopped their Oct / Nov euro event for a Jan event and the bik eis back before they are ready for their spring trip, I'm likeley to do the Sepang trip as it works ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. I called in at Cartagena on my way to the airport after 4 days in Almeria this week. My god the place is a shithole. The track, pits and general area was horrible. Driving down the road to the circuit it was littered with dead cat corpses! You couldn't pay me to go there over the likes of Almeria etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ha ha ha, yeah you're right! It's not the nicest facility in Spain. I've only done one trip there and I didn't really like the track. More suited to the 600 class I thought. There were loads of pesky kids there on 125/250 two strokes too, noising up all us old fatties in the corners. Little bastards! :laughing:

#31 Mary Hinge, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Can’t you hire a track bike when you’re there?

13. This looks awesome!!! I would love to try that one day

14. I think that's the way I'd go with it. It might cost a few quid more because you'd need to hire all your kit too. But I don't fancy my bike being at sea for months, ratcheted down on its suspension :eek:
    It'd be a bit like going to a restaurant. You can just eat then fuck off to the pub. No need to do the dishes :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Last time I was there they had to keep stopping to chase off a pack of wild dogs...:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Wildlife was an issue, mainly grey goose (yeah?) that calmly wandered across the track. They even had a flag to warn you they were round the next turn. Then there was sea fog round Siberia. The garages are tiny and the power supply inadequate. Amazed that MotoGP etc... manage. The pit out is like a narrow, very long and bumpy exit straight into the fastest corner on the circuit, Doohan. It is still the best track I have ridden though.

17. Love Cartagena and done it loads of times. Never seen any of the issues highlighted here, you lot must be spoiled.

Booked on at Alcarras with Pacedayz again this year. I did it with them in 2017 it was awesome

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wow what another life this thread is....today i stripped a fucked old cb125 with shagged steering and a dried out set of mains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I'd seriously consider doing it that way to get out there again. One of the guys in our garage did it a few days before we got there to learn the circuit. The only downside was that he said he was not able to turn down the electronics which are very intrusive on track like on most other bikes these days, presumably because they do not have the 'slick chip' on the hire bikes. Over enthusiastic ABS pulsing is a nightmare for making you go wide into corners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information