1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Mention Of The Desert X Yet?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Sep 23, 2021.

1. I guess the Norden is essentially a KTM 890? Albeit a far prettier one!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. So far the Norden has my money, KTM 890 engine and so far slightly better styling and colour. Plus I’m going to assume the Ducati will be more expensive with the ‘Hypermotard’ engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think you are correct here. The Duc feels like the pretty-boy optiin and the Husky the proper-job with the proven heritage in the field. Regardless, it’s going to be a great Winter for test rides…

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes, basically only the bodywork changes. If it’s anywhere near the performance of my KTM 790 I’m very interested. I don’t like the styling of the 890 adventure even though I like my 790 styling.

5. On paper the 890 is close to being my perfect bike, but having looked at one in the flesh it’s definitely a face that only a mother could love!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree, hence why I’m waiting on the Norden as it has a much better look to it. I rang my local dealer in Hinckley and he was expecting stock around now but it would seem there is a delay. I wouldn’t buy blind though and would need to test ride one before I committed. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Just signed up with Husky for updates:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Likewise. This $hit could get expensive…

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Apparently the rear petrol tank is an extra cost. Handy though for when you’re crossing the deserts of the UK :)

10. Or, if like me, you dislike petrol stations!

11. Is there some new nubbin of information leaked to entice us?

12. It’ll come soon enough ;)

13. I purposefully didn’t want to head to the top end of the mid-weight adv bike range, the Norden and Desert X look like they live there, so I accidentally just bought a Tenere. Woops…

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Not totally sold on the look of the front of the Norden…or the name! So I’m still awaiting Dec. 12th with interest.

15. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Exactly that!!! ⬆️

Do Not Sell My Personal Information