1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 No Plate Braket Removal

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by cookster, Feb 2, 2018.

1. hi guys anyone know to remove the complete number plate bracket from a 1198 ive had all the seat unit off but cant see how it comes off!! :mad:

cheers

2. dewalt-angle-grinders-dwe402w-64_1000.jpg
    hammer.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I had the opposite problem when my ex track 1098R was being returned to standard.

IMG_3423.JPG

Remove part (4) by removing 4 x nuts (20)

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 17.49.08.png

4. Remove the cover No. 13 (3 screws)
    Once that is out of the way, undo the electrical connectors and remove the two screws no.5. They're a bit fiddly but you can get them with a long key. emap.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. What the hell did I do then @nelly ? :worried: I definitely remember having to refit (21), (20) & (4) :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Do does no4 stay put then??

7. Ah, I think it held my indicators, come to think of it.

8. No 4 doesn’t need to come off.
    Just two bolts no 5 go up through through no 1 and into clip nuts in no 4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. No 4 stays in place as it houses part 28 which the exhaust brackets bolt to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Do you know what it is. I think you are right. I must have had to refit (4) when I stripped the bike down after getting it. I remember refitting it and to my mind thought I must have been puting it back on after the original owner removed it.

I now remeber that it is screws (5) that need to be removed.

Sorry chaps. It was a while ago now. :innocent: It was off in this pic (that's my excuse) :)

IMG_3519.JPG

11. Confused me then yep. No 4 has the exhaust bands screwed into it. Two screws (5) are all that holds the hanger in place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. :eyes:

13. What has been said before - just the 2 no. 5 bolts that need to come out.

I use the Ducati Performance plate hanger, part number 96993308B. Much much easier to swap back and forth between road/track use.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information