1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Noise...go On Then I'll Start It

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by SimonT, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Whats the noise going to be like on these - are we going to have the same problems getting them on the track?

2. From inital reports it’s going to be tough. I’ve not seen any static DB levels but I’m guessing it’s over 102...

3. Always got the drive by.

4. There's a good write up in Performance Bikes this month and they mention that it's noticeably quieter than the V2. Since the peak torque is an extra 1000 or so revs higher it is hopefully going to be less problem passing static tests which favour the inline 4 bike characteristics over the V2. I popped down to Snell Performance for the unveiling a few weeks back and at idle the V4 did still sound pretty loud but I am quietly confident its going to be less of a problem for noise testing.

5. I’m reliably informed it’s 107 with the standard!

6. Isn't that just because of what is on the frame sticker though @Nigel Machin ? The 1199S is around 105Db and the V4 was definitely quieter than that at idle.

7. I got it from the dealer who’d recently come back from the launch, only true test will be a static at a track I suppose

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. There was a test online by 44 teeth and they suggested it’s going to be a struggle at most UK tracks...

9. 21.25

10. The guy from Ducati at the show was chatting about it, to be honest I’m not full of hope that noise testing is going to be any better

11. The guy from Ducati at the show was chatting about it, to be honest I’m not full of hope that noise testing is going to be any better

12. stupid question (perhaps) but... will it get tested at different RPM's given it's engine nature. I know they say for a GSXR1k for example it's something like 6k revs, but a 750 is 7500k revs, so obviously when noise testing my mates trackbike we told them it was a 1k as his bike was stupidly loud... just wondered how this will effect the V4.

13. Yes it's usually done on engine size, although 1100 will be the same as 1000 generally as it would get too complicated otherwise.

14. The noise tester told me that more 899's failed than 1199's on standard exhausts because the shorter stroke means not only different revs to test at but moves more air, so tends to be higher pitched noise, hence the frame stickers listing differently. So if the V4 fails, I can't imagine what any potential smaller version will be like in a few years should it appear! eek...

15. Great :) I dont think they will ever bring out a small version of the V4 since it's too complicated and the V2 fits nicely in that space as it's not maxed out as a middleweight. The V4R is likely to be hard work for the noise testing though. It's the one big negative point for me as a buyer. At the moment I'm still running multiple bikes but if I ever decide to slim down to a single bike then the Panigale would not be an option because it's restricted from running at so many tracks due to the noise.

16. That’s what my local dealer told me :astonished:

17. Hi @SimonT - you still got your R1M?

18. Well, what is if the frame sticker? Anyone had a nose?...

19. Yes, it says 107db but it is definitely quieter than the 1199S or R at idle.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information