1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Noise...go On Then I'll Start It

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by SimonT, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Do your R/S’s have Akras without the flappy valve? That could be the difference. Anyway, they’re not tested at idle! ;)

2. My S had the Termis which ran around 105dB and a bit more once the wadding needed replacing. They had baffles but I hated using them at any fast track as they noticeably sapped the power. Not such a worry at most UK tracks which are smaller though to be fair, but still annoying. The stock cans actually seemed louder which I always found ironic. The R has the stock akras with cats which dont have baffles but seem to be a little quieter. I've not had the chance to noise test them at UK tracks as I never wanted to risk the quiet days so just take the BMW or R6.

3. I don’t mean the baffles. I mean the valve in the header connecting pipe that is closed at lower revs (and quietens the sound). I would expect the V4 still has this if on standard cans, so may well be quieter until it opens up.

4. Ah right, I've removed it from the R as I dont even bother with UK tracks on it but it was on the S.

The V4 has two valves, I'm hoping that they are going to be more effective like the R1 and BMW since the bike is already quieter at the lower revs than the V2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Looks like you will all be buying RSV4's next year then when they make the obvious move of making it 1100cc like the Tuono. Having ridden the current RSV4RF it's really quite for Euro4 so unlikely to have any issues with noise.

The mods are going to ban me aren't they.... I can feel it, I mentioned 'the other Italian'....

6. Well, for what its worth my rsv4 with a full akra system and no baffle in doesn even raise the eyebrow of the local MOT tester (and no, i dont get any special favours) however when i first had it it had an austin can on a stock system which either failed if the baffle wasnt in and if it was got a cautionary....

7. Chap has bought one who works at vindis ducati and supposed to be a decibel or two quieter than 1299 (I can’t remember) but at snetterton with him on 18th March so we will see....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anyone passed the noise test with a decatted 1299?

9. “The noise test”? Different levels at different tracks on different days. There is a trackday noise levels thread with a load of info on 1299 testing and trackdays.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information