1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Exausts

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by xander296, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Hi Stuart - I've just bought my 2011 Diavel Carbon with full Termis and the baffles removed. I'm thinking I might put them back just to take a bit of edge off the noise. Never done it before....any idea how easy it is to put them back?
    Cheers,
    Dom.

2. Its a piece of cake mate, give me a bell and i’ll talk you through it, 07779126643

Stuart

3. Just a note on this last bit dvsa instructors on my last MOT training course were pushing the fact we should be making more effort to spot the "not for road use" &"for track use only" markings !!! However if there us a piece of tape or such that happens to be stuck over said markings as mot testers we are not allowed to remove said tape .....not that I'm suggesting such underhand tactics btw ....
    Signed
    Your helpfull part deaf mot tester
    Cormark

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dremel is your friend here. :)

5. Had the Multi MOT'd in February , they knew it had the Leo Vince decat and pipe but told me just to leave the baffle with the bike and not bother fitting it.
    No comment was made and they didn't use it.. :D

6. In all honesty the police can’t even catch real criminals these days in the uk as they are to worried about somebody saying they hurt their feelings whilst arresting them and that it was against there soya eating tofu munching lgbt racist transgender vegan gluten free WiFi human rights.
    Chances of the plod enforcing this. Slim.
    It will only be another daft law like the no smoking in work vehicles law that came about and was impossible to enforce.
    Most bike mot testers are bike sympathetic and do not want any conflict with the vehicle owner as most of them
    Own bikes and enjoy them also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I've got a Monster with a Termignoni and no db killer, people can hear me a couple blocks away and I like it like that. I had a Honda VFR with a stock exhaust and was nearly run into several times. It was bright red for chistsakes! But it made little noise until you got into the 7K rpm range.

Even with the windows up, AC on and radio blasting, with the Monster, they look for the sound - they can't miss it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes and it passed on my 748/853. However it’s not excessive at tickover and low Revs. I suspect if a bike is loud at tickover there is a good chance it will fail.

9. Glad we don't have mot's here. My 1098 with race termis and open clutch cover is loud as f##k but never been stopped by the local plod.
    I'm of the opinion loud pipes save lives also as Perth drivers have to be some of the dumbest!

• Like Like x 2
  10. I like it.. we take a dremel with us and when he revs it we turn the dremel up full chat, as it's louder than any ducati pipe :upyeah:

11. I don't think a desire for peace and quiet is selfish.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  12. Where is the not for road use marking on a Termi? I’ve never actually spotted it, though I haven’t really been looking for it I suppose.

13. A few examples
    734D68C3-3120-4D32-99A1-1EA9CDF33F3C.jpeg 70DBE620-0A47-4E62-9BB6-79518991FA80.jpeg E0C870D0-494A-4CF7-9FA7-C37350D71CEC.jpeg

14. Thanks, will track it down! Useful to know for the next MOT.

I do love my Termis, but I also recognise that not everyone else enjoys the sound... I think I’ll be getting some baffles. I avoid starting the bike up early mornings unless I really have to, due to the neighbours.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information