1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Exhaust? Beware....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mary Hinge, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Been saying it for years..... This place is finished! period

Go abroad and have far more fun....

Way Too much Shittery involved in riding here now....

Get your kicks someplace else other than the UK especially if your looking at riding your sports bike in a spirited manner....

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. "I 'eard that! Pardon?"

3. Absolutely! Espaina callin' :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. what about the tw*t five house's down from me he drives a little 1000 corsa the exhaust comes out under the passenger door and is louder than my 748, his music (if thats what you call it) is louder still

5. My Termi's on me Diavel are wonderfully tunefull and throaty...just the right amount of DB to really trigger the whole effin lot of the whiners & whinging mob of eejits....
    Rant over!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Umm, cameras take pictures - so they can see your number plate I guess.
    Microphones measure sound - so they can tell if you're too noisy, umm - I thought noise limits were xx dB @ yyyy rpm?

I guess the cameras are good enough to catch your rev counter too - FFS!

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  7. For homologation, dB levels are checked under certain specified conditions. How are they going to emulate these with a roadside meter? How will it separate your noise background and ambient sounds? And in Scotland, how would they provide corroborative evidence?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just read the article and it has Chris Grayling's name on it - no need to consider further, bollocks...

9. and my harley is about to get a new pair of screaming eagles slash pipes, i have also ordered a set of baffles for it, I had a set made for the 748's Termis just for mot purposes, they really kill the performance though

10. Just how fast do you want to go in an mot bay? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Got stopped last Sunday on the A32 approaching Loomies, there were four officers, I was riding my 959 with underbelly Akras mate was on a Jap 4 cylinder with a Yoshi pipe. We were well below speed limit, but apparently they heard us coming, we were informed they are hoping to install one of these ‘Acoustic cameras’ in this area, and at the moment it’s a £50 fine for noisy exhausts, but one of the officers was hoping it would change, to include points. My mate had the officer all over his exhaust looking for any sort of markings or numbers etc, it has nothing visible on it, the officer with me asks if I’ve modified the bike, I say yes, changed the exhausts, he asks if its a Ducati exhaust, which I confirm, he then moves on to testing my dark visor, and didn’t look too closely at the pipes. Just wondering how we stand with these exhausts, that are marked ‘For USA and Canada only - not for road use’ it doesn’t say UK on them anywhere. What do you guys think?

12. It's getting stupid !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Did they actually give you or your bud any tickets?

14. remove plates/plaques and plead ignorance. bike was bought like this cuntstubble.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No, we didn’t and to be fair the officer with me was decent enough. They said they didn’t have the dB meter with them, but we wondered if they were just on an exercise, to maybe justify a noise camera, I’m led to understand someone influential lives along the road and is campaigning hard against the noisy bikes.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. this scheme has already been shelved. its proved to complicated, based on vehicles and their original db ratings etc etc i believe.

• Like Like x 2
  17. The 959 was available as a special I think, with the underbelly akras new from dealers.

18. maybe they were just trainees practicing being arseholes? sounds like they are nearly ready.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fuck so no more trips to loomies :(

20. That’s exactly what we said, although I suppose nice sunny Sunday afternoon near Loomies, there’s a good chance the law will be hanging around!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information