1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Exhaust? Beware....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mary Hinge, Jun 8, 2019.

1. why the nuke? they make me cry

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Re Loomies. Chatting about stuff the other week in Blade Abingdon.
    Apparently a couple if their customers got pulled at or near Loomies.
    One for a dark visor. The other for no rear reflector.
    FYI.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. imagine having to do the paperwork for someone not having a reflector :laughing::poop:

4. The cops actually called the dealer to make sure that he had had it rectified. They (the guys calling) were Thanes Valley and thought it was a bloody joke that Hampshire police were wasting time like that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sorry fat finger syndrome ☺️

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. I really don’t think it’s funny. I think us a disgrace and total waste of time and money. Those giving the instructions to these cops need to take a long, hard serious look at themselves.
    Probably blame it on lack of funding, trying to raise cash like the poxy smart motorways or councils now charging you when you take rubbish to the tip.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. I don’t accept the “lack of funding” argument in most cases. They are badly managed. Fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I suspect you’re right. I am having a rant about all the f’ing fun suckers that we have to put up with. I am ready to move TBH.

9. who knows how they are being incentivised , probably just been told to be ott to send a message out. Brexit will cap em.
    I have to laugh at their behavior, because its depressing if you think about it too much. Pigs, and road conditions, and crap drivers are seriously pushing me towards bike retirement.

10. Agree with all of that apart from the retirement bit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I don't see plod stopping me as an issue. We rarely see any on the road so perhaps when we do see them, some feel they are being victimised when they are pulled over and defects pointed out. As RDP mentions, he got stopped but no tickets or fines.

12. Most traffic cops are power mad mini Hitler's anyway!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Probably a little out of UK context, but I was in Münich the other day, visited BMW Welt and rented an M4 Competition for an hour with my son. Was pulled over by an undercover police car and were told that I was making too much noise. Wasn’t speeding, simply too much noise in a road legal car. I had been sitting at a traffic light blipping the throttle 3-5 times. That’s it. Didn’t get a fine as I played the stupid ignorant tourist role and they let me off with a warning. Was having a hard time defending the Police to my son, as I normally do.

14. Glad I don't road ride anymore. Cops crawling all over my bike looking for 'infringements' would get right on my tits.

Particularly as they didn't even visit me after having my garage smashed into and having my beautiful 999S ripped from it's ground anchor and stolen. No time for real crime ;) Annoying :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. lazy bastards, its time for a shake up in the police force, they are like mp's sat around cant be arsed to do anything. no pride or passion. they get paid if they work, they get the same for doing nothing. Bit like benefits but completely different.

16. now is it legal to strangle your dog if it keeps farting? (for bad ones obviously).

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. My dark visor is integral so legal and I don't need a rear reflector so legal again :innocent:

18. It’s not strictly “illegal”, you can’t under British law be convicted of “murdering” a dog, although the RSPCA could bring a civil case against you, more importantly though it would be very difficult to do without causing the dog to expel more of the noxious gas, so if you go ahead make sure that you are in a well ventilated area.

19. Would you prefer they get paid depending how many tickets they write?

20. Get yourself a SC project pipe and they come with a EC type approval certificate to put in your wallet ,

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information