1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Exhaust? Beware....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mary Hinge, Jun 8, 2019.

1. its the flapper valve, all panis have em from the factory. like you say thay go silent like youve knocked the kill switch.

2. 3dB is double the power and is a moderately noticable increase in perceived volume, 10dB is around double the perceived volume, all complicated by the distance sound level is measured from its source. The inverse square law comes into play so the energy diminishes as one over the square of the distance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. The wife's new washing machine chucks out 81db's on spin cycle

4. my village is a conservation area and theres always at least 2 strimmers running consecutively @ around 90-100 db. cnts

5. They are reasonably quiet in comparison with the local chainsaws, coughing pheasants, deer bellows, and clay shoot.

6. ahh, you live here too! cool :upyeah:

7. Not York, a ‘Rotten Borough’ in Hampshire with Town Hall and 500 inhabitants, and all of the noisy stuff.

8. Now if your other mode of transport is electric

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 11.34.44.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. More bollocks to stuff the motorist.

10. Is anyone surprised? Electric vehicles are 'cheap' to run now but that model isn't sustainable without tax increases elsewhere - no more hybrid discounts for instance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Its simple math.

Reduce incomming revenues (such as inheritance taxes/ corporation taxes/ fuel taxes) do nothing to stimulate new wealth creation through business development and you have a massive shortfall, otherwise known as £1.9trillion national debt.

At least eBay paid £10million in UK taxes this year on its British arm as revenue surged past £1bn. What a joke.

#111 Jez900ie, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. My bike has a noisy exhaust. One noisy bike is not a problem to anyone but if I ride with mates also on bikes with noisy exhausts and we use one of the regular bike rat runs then I can see a problem. If old codgers using strimmers boil your piss imagine the hell of living on somewhere like The Snake Pass or Horseshoe Pass and having wannabe Bautista clones ripping past every time the sun shows its face. I love to hear bike engines being given the beans but not all day every day when I am sat in the garden with a beer.
    I actually live in a nice quiet spot but I am giving the opposition case some thought.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I dont think that any one riding sensibly is an issue, stick to the speed limit through towns and villages, keep that rev counter well away from the red line, even with a loud exhaust.
    It's those that think every one loves a Suzuki in second boucing off the red line and is welcomed by local residents.
    It's a few idiots spoiling it for the many.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information